diy solar

diy solar

Campervan build, 1235w solar, 305ah 24v battery, am I on the right track?

Rob9000

Hi all, I'm based in Ireland and I would really appreciate if someone could check if I'm all good with what I'm going with my set up, I've been researching or months and found this forum and videos very informative. I had no idea about electrical systems but feel I am nearly there enough to put my system together. I have bought:

3x 415 solar panels (37.48v, 13.14a) which I will wire in series for 112.44v

24v hybrid inverter 3KW (80a charge+450v max PV) MPPTRange@OperatingVoltage 55-450VDC

8x 305ah 3.2v batteries to wire in series along with a Daly 250a 8s bms

A step down 24v to 12v for the 12v fan vent and lights.

I think I still need to buy three breakers for the AC in to the inverter, battery to inverter and pv to inverter or any of these overkill?

I will also buy a consumer breaker board for the 230v electrics and switches for the 12v

I have only realised now that I won't get away from purchasing a 3.65v capable charger to balance batteries, I thought they would self balance as I heard that if you wire in parallel but would this work as I don't want to spend too much on this since it is just to get them balanced? I know it does balancing for 6s but I just want to put the in parallel and charge up if that is correct? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0C81C9332/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A10PY5E0LM0PAD&th

Am I missing anything important, I don't want to set fire to the van, myself or my fiancée! We are choosing not to install gas, instead we are using induction hob as cooking facilities are a prerequisite of a camper conversion here.

Please call me out if anything looks wrong, I've not done this before but have been doing my best to figure things out by research. Thanks, Rob.

Attachments

• wiring copy.jpg
    wiring copy.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 11
Most would add some fuses to protect the wire that comes off the battery. Otherwise looks good to go.

If the cells are much out of balance the charging voltage may need to be limited to avoid cell over voltage fault. Add an active balancer and while balancing will still take some time it will be much faster than the passive balance. Consider a BMS with an active balancer if not already purchased.

Back