diy solar

diy solar

Canadian living in the Philippines… solar Gen vs full solar

Ken Obi

I’m going thru so many videos etc … the flexibility of a solar generator for a small 50sqm/500sqf home or a full system? This is what I’m grappling with atm. Split air conditioner for evenings only and a fridge are my highest priority. We do loose power for about 2-4hrs twice a week. Mostly during the day when crews are working.

Though humidity isn’t as high as in land, I’m a bit concerned about the salt air.

Glad to be here… Ken :)

I really think you should look at designing your own system. To get an idea of what may be required for Air Conditioning, which really requires a lot of electicity, Bluetti makes a AC200 which you’d need to add solar panels and a couple battery packs if this is going to be full time.

If you know your requirements in watt hours this helps. I think the Bluetti the YouTubers get around 80% of the power listed in the battery pack. THere’s some DC to AC conversion loss.

I really think you should look at designing your own system. To get an idea of what may be required for Air Conditioning, which really requires a lot of electicity, Bluetti makes a AC200 which you’d need to add solar panels and a couple battery packs if this is going to be full time.

If you know your requirements in watt hours this helps. I think the Bluetti the YouTubers get around 80% of the power listed in the battery pack. THere’s some DC to AC conversion loss.
Good to know. Lots of videos using Blueti for trailer AC with solar but…

I want a system to grow with too.

Any thoughts on tropical salt air? We’ll be putting this in a garage with ventilation fan but not AC

I think the PI is a place that can be hard to find stuff. I think if you built something, when came time to expeditiously fix it, parts would be easier to come by.

Can’t answer the tropical air. I’m now in the dry inland desert.

I think the PI is a place that can be hard to find stuff. I think if you built something, when came time to expeditiously fix it, parts would be easier to come by.

Can’t answer the tropical air. I’m now in the dry inland desert.
Lots of solar companies here… problem is finding one that’s staying current.
Example… Blueti in here. But EG4LL can’t be found. Lithium isn’t an issue nor is Growatt.

Lots of solar companies here… problem is finding one that’s staying current.
Example… Blueti in here. But EG4LL can’t be found. Lithium isn’t an issue nor is Growatt.
I got sent there a coupe of times for a couple of weeks, but a long time ago. Things like that were hard to find back then. I’m happy that’s changed.

Quote; This is what I’m grappling with atm. Split air conditioner for evenings only and a fridge are my highest priority.

Ac only in the eves. will demand a substantial battery bank. I have some friends who were finding this out very quickly. They had a pigtail and switch installed on their 1 ton mini splits and can run them off of Honda 2000 inverter generators.

Back