diy solar

diy solar

Cheap Buetti on ebay- charging with an inverter ?

hertfordnc

First, ebay has AC200P for under $1100 - these are ebay refurbs so when i saw it for less than i could build a 2000 watt system, i jumped on it.

But, my system would have included a DC to DC charger so I could charge while driving.

The Bluetti can charge at 400 watts on AC so I'm thinking I could just use my 500 watt pure sine wave inverter, permanently connected to the alternator and leave the Bluetti plugged in to it?

Any flaw in this plan?

That would work. It would be a long drive to fully charge the thing, but it would work.

There's also the cigarette lighter option with the AC200P, but that gives you only approx. 100 watts.

It should work, but you would be pushing your 500 watt inverter close to its limit for a long period of time. That might shorten it's life a bit if it's a lower quality inverter.

Thanks.

This van conversion is the road trip family car, drive a few hours, camp, explore, repeat. We are not boondocking on BLM land for days at a time. Buetti says it will pull 400 watts on AC so that's 80% on the inverter and if it fails i can buy another one anywhere (and if i did I go up to 1000 watts)
I'll probably add solar as well, eventually.

I can charge my ecoflow delta with inverter. It has the option to set the charging watts from 200 to 900. Also the 12V input, amperage adjustable with the app.

One thing I did run into was the unit would pop the GFCI outlet on the inverter. With a ground pin eliminator it works though. Something about ground feedback on the delta unit. Seems to be a common issue with vehicle inverters, it's been well covered.

400W would be about 40A draw on your battery - wire and fuse sufficiently for the current, and make sure you're not already maxed out on your alternator output.

I can charge my ecoflow delta with inverter. It has the option to set the charging watts from 200 to 900. Also the 12V input, amperage adjustable with the app.

One thing I did run into was the unit would pop the GFCI outlet on the inverter. With a ground pin eliminator it works though. Something about ground feedback on the delta unit. Seems to be a common issue with vehicle inverters, it's been well covered.

400W would be about 40A draw on your battery - wire and fuse sufficiently for the current, and make sure you're not already maxed out on your alternator output.
Good points. THis is a sprinter. stock alt for a delivery van is 90amp. Mine has the aux battery option and 150 amp alt, so i think I'm in good shape.

Back