diy solar

diy solar

Connection issues to Tracer3210AN and eLog via Windows 11

cayz

I'm nor sure if I'm making things better or worse, so I'm gonna ask y'all...

I have an Tracer3210AN with a Chins LiFePO4 battery, 100 Watt panel, MT50, and an eLog01 unit (see https://diysolarforum.com/threads/epever-settings-confusion.65149/)

About a month ago, I came to the site and the green led on the eLog was out. I changed the battery, it came on, and within a few moments, it was out again. The MT50 would show "Connecting"...

So, I ordered another eLog, since it is the cheapest part of the system. Installed it, and I thought I was good. I have a new laptop (win 11), installed the USB driver, set it all to 9600 N 8 1 no flow control, and was able to pull the logs off. But, I was NOT able to monitor the system in real time...

And I wanted to check the MPPT config, and I thought I had done that using the same set up and COM port settings - like a pass-through from the eLog - or is my memory faulty? Do I need another cable to go between the MPPT direct to my laptop?

Also, even once I had the new eLog installed, it went dead again, within an hour or so. So, is there another problem I have, in addition to not using the correct cable? I see there is a bluetooth dongle often mentioned - is there a link to a listing for it anywhere?

I did check this thread, but not really a solution with the elog light being off.

Last edited:
Hey, I looked at the amazon listing and there is a photo of a black USB-A to RJ45 .
I just dug through my rather large box of USB cables (its the one right above the CEND cables box), and I found a baggie w/ a cable, both are labeled "Model CC-USB-RS485-150U".

Is this what I need? And the COM port settings should be what - 115K or 9600?

diy solar

diy solar
Back