diy solar

diy solar

Continuing DIY or give up DIY to buy already assembled battery?

in the UK, the difference between a delivery kit of 15kWh and a pre-built battery with warranty is about $350-400, which is about 20% - for me, not worth it, but if I were doing four or more of them, a definite saving.....

in the UK, the difference between a delivery kit of 15kWh and a pre-built battery with warranty is about $350-400, which is about 20% - for me, not worth it, but if I were doing four or more of them, a definite saving.....
Is that an assembled and lab tested and approved battery? Or just a shop assembling batteries?

That doesn't seem bad at all, which ~15kWh prebuilt have you priced that competes with a delivery kit for only that much more?

Fogstar - https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collectio...e/products/fogstar-energy-15-5kwh-48v-battery

If installed the VAT is 0% not 20% at the moment with a government initiative. From the website:

The Fogstar Energy 15.5kWh Battery, meticulously engineered for UK conditions, provides an unparalleled combination of cutting-edge technology and exceptional durability.

This 15.5kWh home battery boasts numerous advanced features, including;
  • Intelligent Heating System: Our batteries automatically activate their heating function when temperatures drop below 5°C, ensuring optimal performance even in frigid environments of -20°C.
  • Plug-and-Play Inverter Compatibility: The PACE Battery Management System (BMS) seamlessly integrates with a wide range of popular inverters, including (but not limited to) Victron, Pylontech, Growatt,Sofar, Solis, and Goodwe. Changing the inverter protocol doesn't involve any complex software downloads, you can change it simply by navigating the LCD Touchscreen.
  • Unwavering Confidence in Quality: We stand behind the exceptional design and construction of our batteries, offering an industry-leading 8-year warranty and a 15 year shelf-life. This testament to our craftsmanship reflects our commitment to delivering products that last.
  • Intuitive Touchscreen Interface: The 4.3-inch TFT LCD touchscreen provides a user-friendly interface for monitoring system status and adjusting inverter protocols.
  • Energy-Efficient Sleep Mode: When not in use, the touchscreen automatically enters sleep mode, conserving precious energy while ensuring instant access to detailed system information upon activation.
  • Premium Grade A EVE Cells: The Fogstar Energy 15.5kWh Battery utilizes 16 premium LF304 Grade A EVE cells, renowned for their exceptional lifespan of 3500 cycles at a discharge rate of 200A per cycle.
  • Active Balancing: Contains a 2A JK Active Balancer to ensure seamless cell balancing during the charging process.
They're well-respected on here with a number of people having got them, it seems. Mine is currently still wrapped I the garage waiting for the inverter and electrician, but it came well-packaged.

Fogstar - https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collectio...e/products/fogstar-energy-15-5kwh-48v-battery

If installed the VAT is 0% not 20% at the moment with a government initiative. From the website:

The Fogstar Energy 15.5kWh Battery, meticulously engineered for UK conditions, provides an unparalleled combination of cutting-edge technology and exceptional durability.

This 15.5kWh home battery boasts numerous advanced features, including;
  • Intelligent Heating System: Our batteries automatically activate their heating function when temperatures drop below 5°C, ensuring optimal performance even in frigid environments of -20°C.
  • Plug-and-Play Inverter Compatibility: The PACE Battery Management System (BMS) seamlessly integrates with a wide range of popular inverters, including (but not limited to) Victron, Pylontech, Growatt,Sofar, Solis, and Goodwe. Changing the inverter protocol doesn't involve any complex software downloads, you can change it simply by navigating the LCD Touchscreen.
  • Unwavering Confidence in Quality: We stand behind the exceptional design and construction of our batteries, offering an industry-leading 8-year warranty and a 15 year shelf-life. This testament to our craftsmanship reflects our commitment to delivering products that last.
  • Intuitive Touchscreen Interface: The 4.3-inch TFT LCD touchscreen provides a user-friendly interface for monitoring system status and adjusting inverter protocols.
  • Energy-Efficient Sleep Mode: When not in use, the touchscreen automatically enters sleep mode, conserving precious energy while ensuring instant access to detailed system information upon activation.
  • Premium Grade A EVE Cells: The Fogstar Energy 15.5kWh Battery utilizes 16 premium LF304 Grade A EVE cells, renowned for their exceptional lifespan of 3500 cycles at a discharge rate of 200A per cycle.
  • Active Balancing: Contains a 2A JK Active Balancer to ensure seamless cell balancing during the charging process.
They're well-respected on here with a number of people having got them, it seems. Mine is currently still wrapped I the garage waiting for the inverter and electrician, but it came well-packaged.
Just over $200 per kwhr in US dollars is not bad considering the packaging, eve cells, warranty and screen. Is there anything comparable in the US?

Just over $200 per kwhr in US dollars is not bad considering the packaging, eve cells, warranty and screen. Is there anything comparable in the US?
I don't know, sorry. They are relatively small so may reply helpfully if you emailed them.....

Back