diy solar

diy solar

Deye 12k 3 phase strange problem on backup port

alexandercraus

I run all my system offgrid. Grid port is not connected and the house isn't in any way connected to the grid.

The house is connected on backup port.

I can run backup port at very high power without any issue, I tried 7/9/10kw power consumption on backup port, heater, cookers, oven etc... I didn'ty have any issue. No problem.

I have an issue when the home consumption (on backup port) is low and a lot of power flow from solar into the battery.

When more than 70A flow into the battery the system disconnect the backup port (I can hear the click of the relè inside). Now I have temporarily fixed the problem limiting the power charge at max 70A so I don't have anymore power outages, but on this way I lose a lot of peak production that normally is used to charge the batteries.

In the system log I don't find any error and no error is displayed on screen.

Did anyone face the same issue? what can be the cause this strange prolem?

Last edited:
"Backup port"? You mean the LOAD terminal? Post a photo of all your inverter setup screens.
Type and amount of batteries? Link?
Have you balanced all your house loads (fuse panel) among the 3-phases? So to not overload a phase with too much demand/load?
Number and type of PV panels? Config?
Size of load when the mentioned situation happens?

"There are three terminal blocks with "Grid" "Load" etc. in your clip above.
It is also marked with the letters LOAD on the print board by the physical terminals.
But whatever.

Oh I am trying to help.
Asked for much more specific info in my earlier post, none received.
Makes it hard to assist ^^

"Backup port"? You mean the LOAD terminal? Post a photo of all your inverter setup screens.
Type and amount of batteries? Link?
Have you balanced all your house loads (fuse panel) among the 3-phases? So to not overload a phase with too much demand/load?
Number and type of PV panels? Config?
Size of load when the mentioned situation happens?
I wasn't notified.

Off course the backup port is Load, it is clearly stated on the manual.
The house is fine and batteries works properly.
It's a 12kw installation.
Load can be from 0 to 10kw doesn't matter the problem is not affected from the amount of load.

Limiting max battery charge to 70A let the system work.
If I set battery charge over 70A let's say 100A when batteries absorb more than 70A the load is disconnected. I can replicate the problem as many time as I want and I can keep the load alive just limiting the battery max charge.

Note that the batteries works very well and they can be charged at up to 180A without any issue.

The factors that create the problem have been isolated very well.

I attach video of the problem.

As you can see on the video as soon as I limit battery max charge to 70A and the battery charge current decrease, the inverter resume the load properly.

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back