diy solar

diy solar

Deye Grid port and Smart Load

pavlidispi

I plan to buy 2 inverters :SUN-12K-SG04LP3-EU, and I would like you to answer a question I have, can I connect my gen to the grid port and at the same time used the gen port as a smart load?

No , it can have one or the other on a single inverter
If you have 2 inverter it is possible to configure 1 inverter's port as a smart port and the other as a genport

No , it can have one or the other on a single inverter
If you have 2 inverter it is possible to configure 1 inverter's port as a smart port and the other as a genport
Sorry to jump on the thread but I know your the resident Deye advanced manual what does smart load actually mean? The documentation just shows a kettle I'm contemplating if I should go with a 10k or two 5k and adding a generator might be a possibly in the future but if the smart load is something I'd use, obviously due to the above post two 5kw would make more sense.

Sorry to jump on the thread but I know your the resident Deye advanced manual what does smart load actually mean? The documentation just shows a kettle I'm contemplating if I should go with a 10k or two 5k and adding a generator might be a possibly in the future but if the smart load is something I'd use, obviously due to the above post two 5kw would make more sense.
smart load means that this port can have multiple identities..
It can be :
1. a generator input port
2. a micro inverter input port, which by frequency shifting can automatically control if the micro inverters are delivering power ( only for offgrid, as when the inverter is on-grid, the frequency is controlled by the grid).
the big advantage of connecting micro inverters this way , is that the power can be used to change batteries, even when in offgrif mode/grid faillure
3. a smart port. this will allow a user to controle by rules ( E.G. if SOC = something and PV = something then turn port on or off)

please find below the explation ( sunsynk calls this port the AUX port)

diy solar

diy solar
Back