diy solar

diy solar

Diagonal parallel connection

WisconsinE450

I have 2 8s 100amp 24 v connected in parallel and diagonally connected to a Growatt charger. The end positive #8 pack connected to the other battery's positive and the Growatt through the positive terminal always becoming unbalanced and having a higher state of charge. Would it help to move the Growatt to a different cells positive other than the end where the parallel connection is?

I have 2 8s 100amp 24 v connected in parallel and diagonally connected to a Growatt charger. The end positive #8 pack connected to the other battery's positive and the Growatt through the positive terminal always becoming unbalanced and having a higher state of charge. Would it help to move the Growatt to a different cells positive other than the end where the parallel connection is?

No. If you were to move the positive, you would also need to move the negative to maintain the "diagonal."

Bank imbalance is primarily caused by connections. Go through each and every connection and confirm it's properly torqued and any crimps are of high quality. Any extreme/outlier voltage readings reported by the BMS must be confirmed with a separate meter.

Imbalance within a single battery is due to cell imbalance within that battery whether another parallel battery is present or not. I suspect it needs to be top balanced.

diy solar

diy solar
Back