diy solar

diy solar

Diy car audio battery questions.

Dasfriek

Im stuck and cant find my answers on the whole web.
DIY car audio is mostly clueless on this subject.
My main questions are this.
i have a 96ah headway battery with 48 cells
another 64ah headway battery with 32 cells
and lastley a Yinlong 2 bank 80ah battery With 12 cells.

they question is what bms does each need, i did read the 64ah 32cells 4x8 cells headway needs 2x 4s12v100amp bms, or do i just need a balancer or is that built it?
so what BMS for the 96ah headway. 48 cells btw. Not sure on the cell configuration.
The yinlong is 12 cells 2x8 configuration.

Is the info on the 64ah headway info correct?
SO what does the 96ah cells need?
and the Yinlong also.

Sorry. To be in the wrong forum. But your my last hope on this.
Some back ground this needs to run an 8k-10k watt car audio system.
i currently am running 2 large AGM batteries, Then an isolator and have 2x XS Power 29.7ah and a supercap bank ready to go in.

Im stuck and cant find my answers on the whole web.
DIY car audio is mostly clueless on this subject.
My main questions are this.
i have a 96ah headway battery with 48 cells
another 64ah headway battery with 32 cells

and lastley a Yinlong 2 bank 80ah battery With 12 cells.

they question is what bms does each need, i did read the 64ah 32cells 4x8 cells headway needs 2x 4s12v100amp bms, or do i just need a balancer or is that built it?
so what BMS for the 96ah headway. 48 cells btw. Not sure on the cell configuration.
The yinlong is 12 cells 2x8 configuration.

Is the info on the 64ah headway info correct?
SO what does the 96ah cells need?
and the Yinlong also.

Sorry. To be in the wrong forum. But your my last hope on this.
Some back ground this needs to run an 8k-10k watt car audio system.
i currently am running 2 large AGM batteries, Then an isolator and have 2x XS Power 29.7ah and a supercap bank ready to go in.
How are the Headway 48-cell and 32-cell are arranged to be? 12V pack?
For example if they are setup to be 12V pack (BMS will be 4s) then the 48-cell pack will be arranged as 12p4s, the 32-cell will be 8p4s. I am not sure how the 96Ah or 64Ah come about without knowing the Cell Ah rating. It sounds like each cell is rated at 8Ah.
What is the Ah rating for each Headway cell?
How are the Yinlong 12-cell are arranged to be? 12V?
What is the Ah rating for Yinlong cell?

Last edited:
Sorry so long to get back with you.

im not seeing BMS with a “P” rating. Usually its 12v and then this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RS7QTQF/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A22QWF3YLLYB17&th=1
Everything is 12v,even the yinlong. The Headway is 8Ah as you figured.
These are very high amp cells. I know the 64Ah can put out a continuous 200 amp
they will go into this pcb board https://jag35.com/collections/new-a...a-capable-12v-headway-bus-bar-kit-for-lifepo4
64ah headway is 8x4 cells, i think the guys call for 2x 4S 100A

the 96ah is 12x4 i think cells 8Ah
this is going into these buss bars https://jims-machineworkx.myshopify...-economy-buss-bar-sets?variant=39984219422786
this one i have no clue about on the BMS or how many.

the Yinlong is this setup with 12 cells @ 40Aa 480Ah
2x https://www.down4soundshop.com/40ah-yinlong-pack-of-6-by-xs-power/
These go in here https://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/p...g-buss-bars-bolt-style?variant=39422963810407
these are offered a 6S balancer an the buss bars are 2x6= 80Ah

i appreciate your time and help,im surprised there is no car audio lithium forum. Not even youtube gives out BMS info when they build their lithium banks.
any other questions please ask.
thanks Don

1) For the Headway (I bought 8 of them myself to play with) LiFePO4 cells, the BMS for your batteries setup will be 4s, you will buy it with current rating that you need to run your load, I do not know what the 'P' rating you are referring to. I do not know if Jehu also make the board for 12V 48 cells or not. Some one here can give you a better choice on the BMS that is batter than DALY BMS, see this link: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/i...225-amps-what-is-the-cause.52799/#post-676435

2) I am not familiar with the Yinlong 34-66160-40 – Lithium Titanate Cylindrical, New, 66160, 40Ah, 2.3V as shown in your link so I can't help you on that, and I do not believe you can parallel the Yinlong 12V battery pack with Headway battery packs.

Im told for car audio a BMS isnt needed. It only has to have a balancer.
The lower the Chinese electronics the better.
this is what im adding is just balance boards.
they seem to correspond to each bar count.
thanks for your guys help.

i am running into an issue now is that a 6 pack of the yinlong is 16.4 max change and empty.
State of charge
16.40v 100.00%
16.00v 98.00%
15.60v 92.00%
15.20v 74.00%
14.80v 50.00%
14.40v 25.00%
14.00v 10.00%
13.60v 7.00%
13.20v 6.00%
12.80v 4.00%
12.40v 1.00%
12.00v 0.00%
my cars charging system is 13v-14v
so i may take one cell out
13.65v max 2.7v full
11.5v empty. 2.3v empty

im have to to true battery readings to make sure im not over charging with 5 cells per bank.

The BMS is there to protect the battery, for example, during charging, one cell may reach the max charge Voltage than the other so if the charging is not stopped then you can damage the cell if you keep on charging, same during the discharging one or more cells may be discharged down to unsfae level before other cells, without the BMS then you become BMS with Volt meter in hand to monitor each cell Voltage. Also the balancer will become active when cell voltage reaches the top of the cell Voltage, I.E @3.60V.
BTW, does you car alternator can handle large charging current draw?

Last edited:
My charger is 14.4v max voltage and max 120 amps.
ive since found almost all audio system guys dont run BMS’s due to cost and im gonna use a voltage meter on my dash.
plus i have a bluetooth battery monitor than will read if a certain bank is out of speck.

im just having balancing issues as ive yet to ever get a light to turn on showing its working.
Ive also desoldered the Hytech balancer for the LTO setting it requires.
In the last pic shows what im talking about.

Back