diy solar

diy solar

Easun / Powland ISOLAR SML-III 5.5Kw - How long it can work without failure?

EmilyAnderson

Hello dear forum.

I've been here for a while but this is my first post. I have a question for users of the EaSUN / Powland SML-III 5.5KW inverter - how long does it work for you in months - without a serious failure requiring replacement of electronics such as transistors or capacitors.

I've read a lot about low quality components in this inverter.

Due to the fact that it is quite popular in my country, I wonder how many months / years it can actually work in the offgrid system without failure - on medium load (without maximum charging / load currents) .

I would appreciate specific answers.

I am presently at 10 months running a EAsun 3kw ISolar MLV. It is a SRNE manufactured off grid AIO similar to what you are asking about. It has worked out real well so far. (I have a review of it in the off grid inverter forum) and I added a second one to allow more loads to be carried a couple of months back. I am careful to not run at much more than 2/3 specs and that rarely.

Lifetime of these SRNE units is going to be a wait and see proposition since they have not been marketed for long. In terms of quality of components inside them I have no information as to that. Claims made that there is better or worse components depending on who rebrands the base model are often spurious. I will say that some rebrands will give less access to all program settings available.

Back