diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000EX-48 Goes offline intermittently

Second Officer Alex

Hello all,

I'm new to posting here, so thanks in advanced. While I've found a lot of information here, nothing quite like what I'm experiencing, and yes, I searched. My equipment is an EG4 6000EX-48 with an EG4 PowerPro wall mount battery.

The main issue I'm seeing is that the inverter will start beeping and go on stand by randomly, dropping all output, but only when receiving grid input. When this happens the inverter has been running off the battery, and they grid power has been connected, but on stand by, as this was my intended setting. When this happens, the way to remedy it is to turn off the grid input breakers, only running off the battery. Whit the grid down the beeping stops, and the system works as intended. The only code shown is "08, Bus voltage is too high", but I haven't been able to catch anything abnormal here, so maybe a momentary spike. I understand this happening once or twice, but it's happened 4 times in 3 days.

As you'll see from my setting below, I intend to run on battery to the max extent possible, but with my capacity, 24/7 is not possible, so leaving the grid braker off is not an option, besides, this is a new system that I expect to work perfectly.

The other issue I have, whether the grid braker is on or not, is that the inverter will start beeping when the battery % is low, in preparation to switch to the grid. I turned off the alarms since this is not an alarm that I need to be aware of, but the beeping remains. This is quite a problem when the battery is running low at 4 in the morning.

My settings;
01-EbU
02-currently APL, initially had UPS, but the change didn't make a difference
03-Default
04-Default
05-LbU
06-bYe
07-LtE
08-ttE
09-Gtd
10-050
11-100A
13-Default
14-EG4
17, 18, 19-set automatically based on #14
20-20%
21-30%
22-ESP
23-LON
24-bOF
25-AOF
26-ACE
27-FEN
28-SIG
29 Ntt

Again, thanks for taking a look at my problem, and thanks for your help.

Alex

What is your grid power voltage? I would track it with a voltmeter set to capture max. And test it a few times over the next few days.

I had a situation where the Pole step down transformer outside my house was going bad and my voltage started fluctuating due to corrosion they found in the transformer.

For where the OP is located (I'm here too) that is a normal grid voltage. Mine is actually several volts higher.

Hmm. Yeah seems high to me, but not crazy. I would hook up a multimeter, set it to max and see if there are fluctuations.

I wonder what the highest line voltage for the 6500EX is. The inverter must track the line voltage and keep its output slightly lower to avoid backfeeding the grid.

Back