diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000xp - Noticed Haze in Garage

dmkjr

Solar Enthusiast
For the past two days, I've noticed a very, very slight haze in my garage. I have a lot going on in there, so I was a little worried on what could be causing it. I have multiple cameras in the garage and was able to play back the times and noticed that the haze begins when pulling from the grid to recharge my lithium batteries. The haze appears to be generated from one or both of my EG4 6000xp's.

The units aren't producing a smell, the haze doesn't have a smell to it. I haven't dissembled the cases yet to try and determine what may be happening. I did notice that the battery cables are warm to the touch. Which leads me to perhaps the AC input wiring is too small? I am using a distribution block to disperse the battery to both inverters. The cables are 00 gauge to the block and then they are 2awg to each inverter. I had the units set to charge at 60amps, which if I understand correctly, allows both units to pull and charge. Is it perhaps too much power for that size cable? These units have been installed for months but due to the heat we are needing to pull power more frequently. Secondly, my garage (although it is conditioned), I've left it on 86F during the day, which is causing everything to be warmer.

Lastly, even though I've been doing this for years, what is the good rule of thumb on the temperature of the cables? I do believe I need to increase the cables to the units. We were pulling in about 10KW from the grid during these "charging" times.

Thanks,
DK

diy solar

diy solar
Back