diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000XP practical with 115VDC?

ATX

Can someone advise if EG4 6000XP is going to practical with 115V PV input?

Will recommendws 200V array to maximize energy generation when sun is low in am and pm.

I have 3 panels in series and no room to expand. System was designed to ecoflow with 150V max pv input. EF charges battery (50W) slowly even on cloudy days.

How will EG4 6000xp perform in similar situations? The panels receive sun light only when sun's altitude is more than 30 degrees.

Will recommendws 200V array to maximize energy generation when sun is low in am and pm.

I have 3 panels in series and no room to expand. System was designed to ecoflow with 150V max pv input. EF charges battery (50W) slowly even on cloudy days.

How will EG4 6000xp perform in similar situations? The panels receive sun light only when sun's altitude is more than 30 degrees.
So you have maybe 1200W of panels and you want to put a 6KW inverter on it? Kinda like draining a bathtub with a swimming pool pump.

Wow. That's right on the borderline of all of it's PV input specs. You might get lucky and it will work during really cold weather, but chances aren't good when it warms up and your panels output lower voltage. If you try it, let us know what you experience.

Capture.JPG

There are ways you can run solaredge optimizers without a solaredge inverter. Those would bump your panel voltage up I believe, while lowering the amperage. If you could find some of them cheap enough, and get the key that allows them to work without a solaredge inverter.. that would bump your voltage up high enough, with 3 panels.

Nevermind, I think those only bump voltage up to 40vdc.. which wouldn't be enough with 3 panels. If you could use a fourth optimizer, and squeeze in some smaller panel of some sort, just to get the fourth optimizer in there, that would you get 160vdc.

Last edited:

HI, The verb-age in the manual says that the mppt tracker doest track well around that voltage.
What I can tell you from looking at my history graphs with a 220v line I can see that my setup doesnt output anything usable until I hit 133v in the morning.

Wow. That's right on the borderline of all of it's PV input specs. You might get lucky and it will work during really cold weather, but chances aren't good when it warms up and your panels output lower voltage. If you try it, let us know what you experience.
I've measured output and it says 110V in summer. But you are right.

Can someone tag Will Prowse here, this time Will can test lower end of specifications for a change? Question - can 6000xp start with about 100v PV input as per specifications?

This information will help Ecoflow Delta Pro users that designed the system keeping the voltage under under 150V.

And to actually answer your question LOL, I don't think anyone else has run them with this low voltage of a PV array so not sure how it may react to it, looks like you're going to be testing that for us.
?
1200W arrays in parallel. This is to maximize production before sun sets.

The specs show that your voltage is *right* at the very edge of waking up the MPPTs. so, man.. as much as I'd like to say to go for it.. there may be days when it just won't quite wake your MPPT up.

I can test this on Friday if you guys are interested. I have a 0-500v, 0-5A bench supply so it's super easy to setup.
I'd be interested in knowing the make/model, this looks like something I'd love to have available.

I can test this on Friday if you guys are interested. I have a 0-500v, 0-5A bench supply so it's super easy to setup.
You are awesome! This will be super accurate test, so excited to see the outcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's got a 1000W limit. You can have 5A, or 500V but not both at once. It's a keysight (agilent/HP) 6035A bought used on ebay for about 300 bucks. https://www.keysight.com/us/en/product/6035A/system-autoranging-dc-power-supply-500v-5a.html

Since the landlord at our building does not allow us to put anything on the roof, it's a great substitute for a test array of panels.

They have a new model, the N8742A that can do 600v / 5.5A 3300W for only about 7 grand...if I had to buy an power supply though, it would be a regenerative one...

ok I'm going to go before Jarrett catches me having expensive ideas

HI, The verb-age in the manual says that the mppt tracker doest track well around that voltage.
What I can tell you from looking at my history graphs with a 220v line I can see that my setup doesnt output anything usable until I hit 133v in the morning.
You have really provided an excellent insight. Can I ask, what does “anything useable” value actually is?

The biggest concern is that the 6000XP will NOT turn on in the morning/evening (or even during the day?) when panels are not in direct sun light..

You have really provided an excellent insight. Can I ask, what does “anything useable” value actually is?

The biggest concern is that the 6000XP will NOT turn on in the morning/evening (or even during the day?) when panels are not in direct sun light..
I have a 4000 watt array. My first ounce of solar starts at 60 watts

By usable, I meant when it actually starts

Reactions: ATX

It starts tracking / pulling in some power at around 120 volts...

Here's my pitiful solar coming in right now due to the sun angle shading most of my panels by the house. I can't do anything about it - have the panels in the backyard as far from the house as I can get them. They get full sun in the summer, but are sadly mostly shaded all day by November.
1701966121107.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ATX

Any idea what is the PV input voltage at 60W? Because EF Delta Pro starts at 40W, its mppt ranges from 12v-150v.
Edit: Thanks for posting the screenshot of power and voltage

It starts tracking / pulling in some power at around 120 volts...

Here's my pitiful solar coming in right now due to the sun angle shading most of my panels by the house. I can't do anything about it - have the panels in the backyard as far from the house as I can get them. They get full sun in the summer, but are sadly mostly shaded all day by November.
View attachment 181564
Thank you for this!! I have two arrays in the backyard facing West and South because of shading and for flattening the curve since Delta pro’s MPPT is limited.

I just found that the MPPT won't start drawing current whatsoever unless the voltage was above 125.0v, and when the MPPT started at 125V, once the voltage dropped below 122v then the MPPT stopped drawing power from the supply.

More than happy to make a video on this a bit later, but I did this test on the demo unit right in the middle of tech support while they were on the phone. Not exactly a studio-quality environment.

I just found that the MPPT won't start drawing current whatsoever unless the voltage was above 125.0v, and when the MPPT started at 125V, once the voltage dropped below 122v then the MPPT stopped drawing power from the supply.

More than happy to make a video on this a bit later, but I did this test on the demo unit right in the middle of tech support while they were on the phone. Not exactly a studio-quality environment.
this is great info!

diy solar

diy solar
Back