diy solar

diy solar

EG4 - 6000XP

tjstepanian

I have 2 - 6000 XP's, not in parallel, I recently did a firmware upgrade with the assistance of Signature Solar on one of the systems. After firmware was installed, I noticed that the system was no longer cycling through the PV1 voltage, PV2 voltage, PV 1 power, PV2 power, day and total from the LCD. Normally, it would go through this cycle automatically every three seconds. However, since the upgrade the system no longer does this. I have to press the buttons on the LCD manually to cycle through. I contacted SS and have a trouble ticket open. We have tried several methods to see if it would resolve, no luck. I have also contacted EG4 but only heard back from them once since Tuesday.
I wasn't sure if it was just a hick up in the system or if there is a problem with the upgrade. Well...I did an upgrade on my second system, Device monitor says it was successful as well however, now the second system is having the same issue. I am not aware if there are other issues, yet. Has anyone else experienced this on their system ? If so, what is the fix ?

Thanks Tom

ScropusGobbleBottom,​

Really ? If this is the case, then everything may be fine. I am a little curious why SS is NOT aware of this when I called, nor EG4 ? I was reading through the manual 4 or 5 times to see if I missed something, also wondering if anything else was wrong. I didn't see it in the log, thanks, I will call SS to see if they can confirm.

ScropusGobbleBottom,​

Really ? If this is the case, then everything may be fine. I am a little curious why SS is NOT aware of this when I called, nor EG4 ? I was reading through the manual 4 or 5 times to see if I missed something, also wondering if anything else was wrong. I didn't see it in the log, thanks, I will call SS to see if they can confirm.
I distinctly remember this being a feature request. I was not surprised by it when I updated my firmware.

What I can say for sure is that mine operates the same, with zero problems.

diy solar

diy solar
Back