diy solar

diy solar

EG4 LifePower4 battery refuses to charge beyond 64%

ok, I will give it a try. The other changes suggested by others above to the settings did not work, if anyone is wondering.

Hi Jess, I too have a LL V2 and someone in Tech support at SS, told me to put the first dip switch on and the rest off. Can you confirm for me? I'm using it with a EG4 3K
Hi @wire You will want to use 'ID 1' Address for the master battery. What the tech said is true, but the "on" label on the dipswitchs is really "off".

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at engagement@signaturesolar.com and I can get you connected with our tech team! ☀️

Yes, one of the first things we normally suggest is to deep cycle the batteries for 10 days to see if this helps. Take them down to 20% or less and charge them back to full. This can help balance the cells and calibrate the BMS.
Realizing an old post, however, , i have charging issues.. purchased 01/24.. charging seemed ok for awhile.... now just blinks bulk....,,, and no charge.. recall of mppt's........ in progress.... im blaming the batteries.. reading of updates.... HELP... Sig Sol has been very little help so far..,,, and i need it.. please respond when you can.. only i can charge is through inverters on a gen..

Realizing an old post, however, , i have charging issues.. purchased 01/24.. charging seemed ok for awhile.... now just blinks bulk....,,, and no charge.. recall of mppt's........ in progress.... im blaming the batteries.. reading of updates.... HELP... Sig Sol has been very little help so far..,,, and i need it.. please respond when you can.. only i can charge is through inverters on a gen..
Hi! If you'd like to send me a DM with your name and email address, I can look into your ticket and see if we can get this escalated.

The EG4 LifePower4 batteries employ two RS485 buses in the RJ45 jacks. Pins7&8 are used by the "Master" battery (Or EG4 Communications hub) to communicate with the other batteries in the bank. Pins 1&2 are used by the BMS_Test software to monitor the battery(ies) or for communication with an inverter in closed loop. You can only have one "Master" connected and active on an RS485 bus so you must disconnect from the BMS input on the inverter if you are going to use the BMS_Test software (use pins 1&2).

The latest firmware for the batteries is v3.37 which you can download from the EG4 website. In addition Signature Solar can provide you with a firmware update tool. You should get all batteries updated to the latest firmware

I have successfully updated firmware on six batteries with no changes to the batteries address or disconnecting the communication cables between batteries. Just select the correct "Device Address" in the "Upgrade operation" box on the "ProgramUpdate" tab. You might have to click the "Get Boot information" a couple of times.

The BMS_Test software screenshot provided earlier in this thread indicates a "Pack" Charging Overcurrent alarm and not a Cell1 overcurrent protection. As the battery is charging the cell with the highest voltage will be indicated in red and the cell with the lowest voltage will be indicated in green. These will constantly change during the charging process. If there is a "cell" alarm or protection issue the text will also include "cell"

Isolate the battery, disconnect from all the others including the communications cables. Connect the BMS_Test cable (pins 1&2) to the battery and use you charger to charge. Can you set the max charge voltage and/or max charge current on the charger. Is so try to gently charge the battery by starting out with a low charge voltage and slowly increase until you get 5 or so amps of charging current. Screenshots of the BMS_test will help.

diy solar

diy solar
Back