diy solar

diy solar

Equipment selection help

JeffL

I put a modest system on my house last year and landed on mostly Schneider equipment for a number of reasons and am quite happy with it for that application. Now I’m looking for a much smaller system to power a greenhouse. The overall power needs are much smaller but there are large induction motors at play one of which is 240v. So I do not need near the power storage nor the KW peaks on this system but I do need the inverter to support both 240v as well as be able to handle the tough start up of the motors.

In addition I want a hybrid inverter that can prefer the DC power when available but auto switch the AC as needed.

I’m trying to find an inverter in the sub $1200 range. Any one with experience with similar system parameters and knowledge of quality equipment that can do the job I would appreciate input. Initial window shopping has me looking at some of the sungoldpower products but I know nothing of their longevity or product support so nervous. Near as I can tell Schneider does not make a product in this smaller system niche.

Many thanks

30A * 240V = 7200W surge

Run should be around 1200W.

I really think a detailed energy audit is in order.
Yeah looking at one of the 3 units it is more power than I thought at first. Just the greenhouse is light on power with some larger but not crazy large fans and a few led (not grow) lights. But I would like to consider being able to put the workshop's mini split ac on and that is around 2200 watts by itself. Which probably means I’m trying to size a system without the mini split and another without and then decide if the cost difference is justified.

Not exactly, but quality warranty and support are high value to me so I suspect that rules it out .
You might want to do a bit of research on SRNE.
I'm coming up on 6MWh of solar through my ASF. I paid just under $1400 delivered to my door last fall.
I recently ordered 2 ASP for a parallel setup and paid ~$2255 delivered to my door in 10 days.
The ASF runs my entire house, including my deep well pump that pulls ~40A inrush, my mini split, electric dryer, etc.

The only thing I can't comment on yet is longevity or warranty, the few times I contacted support they were quick to respond and helpful.
Normally I don't make recommendations but it seems to be in the price point you are after and checks the boxes.
I have some threads with lots of additional info.

Anyone have experience with the Schneider SW 40xx inverter? In particular with how well it does with surge starts? It’s a bit more $ than I was hoping but having been pleased with support on my XW it does stay in the same family.

diy solar

diy solar
Back