• Real

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Fake

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • On the fence

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Follow up video.

it was nice of them to follow up with a more complete proof for those who thought it could never be...

and kudos for the professor for betting the $10000 (thats a bold strategy cotton) and then actually paying the bet when he was shown he was wrong as the vehicle could travel as fast as stated!!
heavy betters are always interesting people...

Another video going into glorious detail on the issues.
16:30 has a bonus example that further explains it.

It’s 100% real. Physics can be counter-intuitive; you have to learn to trust the math. In order to trust the math you have to learn the math.

A simpler example of this from my school days: put a helium balloon in your car, resting on the ceiling. Drive for a bit and then slam on the brakes - which way does the balloon go, toward the front or toward the rear? This one has less math involved so it’s easier to explain, though counter-intuitive for many people at first.

The more important question about the thread topic though: of the people that voted “fake,” how many would change their vote after seeing the explanations?

I wonder if the wind speeds at height of 10 to 15 feet are stronger than the wind speeds at the ground?

I wonder if the wind speeds at height of 10 to 15 feet are stronger than the wind speeds at the ground?
See the video in post #39 (and #41). This was addressed in that video. In short, yes, it's common for winds to be slightly higher speeds further from the ground but not enough to negate the results they had. The video covers it in much more detail.

See the video in post #39 (and #41). This was addressed in that video. In short, yes, it's common for winds to be slightly higher speeds further from the ground but not enough to negate the results they had. The video covers it in much more detail.
Well, I’m busted. I did not read through all three pages. At three pages there’s probabaly nothing I can contribute that has not already been said.?

Here the video with higher placed telltales:

For the record of 2.8 x windspeed NALSA measured the wind at the height of the propeller hub.

Back