diy solar

diy solar

Felicity IVPA-7548 Firmware Update Maybe or Workaround

nibopr

Hi to all,

I'm a solar installer from Puerto Rico. I have notice since IVPA Felicity Inverters a lot of strange behaves.

WIFI Module conflicts.
RS485 Felicity 10KW LPBA48200 Battery BMS COM.
IVPA-7548 Inverters won't stay in 240v.

I will try to explain as much as I can.

WIFI Module conflicts:
Using SmartESS WIFI Module Pro 03 (Will try a Pro 05 soon) it stop working as soon you connect RS485 Pin 5,6 both ends to Felicity 10KW LPBA48200 and set LIB as battery type. Will read Li Icon and WIFI Module will stop working.

Again using COM Pin 5,6 both ends and selecting battery type as Lib will handshake and show Li icon. SW is set to 1 and 5 with only one battery. This will tell the inverter to Bulk charge the battery to the 57.6v the manufacturer recommendation/setup. Witch will start giving Warnings/Errors 51 that is not even in my IVPA-7548 Manual. So I often just leave client with manual USE mode and setup to charge to 55.2 (that's the safest/reliable without errors to leave a client running I have tested) and CutOff to 48v.

IVPA-7548 Inverter won't stay at 240v:
This happen to me in my own setup since day one. (If anyone is out there with the same problem let us know). In setup 01 you put the inverter in standby mode, change to 240v and exit. Turn ON the inverter. It will show 240v and it will stay and run like that. The problems comes when you enter the menu to check/change something. It will automatically change to 220v (Is not a false reading I have tested each HOT1/HOT2 in 220v and 240v and I have prove of real outputs. I even contacted with Felicity support and they have no clues about it and even try to tell me just to change to 240v each time I enter the Menu. (What a Joke) They say they will test this problem once they move their facility that is in process. I have videos that can replicate this.

Recap:

My setup:
Inverter Felicity IVPA-7548 Firmware v111
Battery Felicity LPBA48200 (Don't know Firmware or how to read it)
Solar Panels 9 x 410w/10A (Setup is 3S/3P) Normal stable PV voltage 115v.

I have all the tools like Cables, Laptop, I can make DIY cables like RJ45, RS232, RS485, CAN, TTL, USB FTDI and many more in case anyone from forum or felicity support wants to test, bug hunting or fix it for the community.

Thanks,
Keep the good work
nibopr

Attachments

• IMG_7164.PNG
    IMG_7164.PNG
    380.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7163.jpg
    IMG_7163.jpg
    691.1 KB · Views: 18
WIFI Module conflicts:
Using SmartESS WIFI Module Pro 03 (Will try a Pro 05 soon) it stop working as soon you connect RS485 Pin 5,6 both ends to Felicity 10KW LPBA48200 and set LIB as battery type. Will read Li Icon and WIFI Module will stop working.
I would say this is because the Wi-Fi module is connected to those same RS485 pins and this is creating a conflict.
Is CAN available to do the battery comms instead ?

I would say this is because the Wi-Fi module is connected to those same RS485 pins and this is creating a conflict.
Is CAN available to do the battery comms instead ?
I think yes. CAN is available as I have read. Felicity use odd cables pins so I have to investigate the right ones. I another comment battery is in RS485 port pin 5/6. WiFi Module in RS232 port pins 1,2,3,8. Can they conflict even in separated ports?

Thanks for your reply and the help to the community.

This pinout is from the battery manual. It use pin 7,8 as CANL/CANH.

Attachments

• IMG_7309.jpeg
    IMG_7309.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Hi to all,

I'm a solar installer from Puerto Rico. I have notice since IVPA Felicity Inverters a lot of strange behaves.

WIFI Module conflicts.
IVPA-7548 Inverters won't stay in 240v.

I will try to explain as much as I can.

WIFI Module conflicts:

Again using COM Pin 5,6 both ends and selecting battery type as Lib will handshake and show Li icon. SW is set to 1 and 5 with only one battery. This will tell the inverter to Bulk charge the battery to the 57.6v the manufacturer recommendation/setup. Witch will start giving Warnings/Errors 51 that is not even in my IVPA-7548 Manual. So I often just leave client with manual USE mode and setup to charge to 55.2 (that's the safest/reliable without errors to leave a client running I have tested) and CutOff to 48v.

IVPA-7548 Inverter won't stay at 240v:
This happen to me in my own setup since day one. (If anyone is out there with the same problem let us know). In setup 01 you put the inverter in standby mode, change to 240v and exit. Turn ON the inverter. It will show 240v and it will stay and run like that. The problems comes when you enter the menu to check/change something. It will automatically change to 220v (Is not a false reading I have tested each HOT1/HOT2 in 220v and 240v and I have prove of real outputs. I even contacted with Felicity support and they have no clues about it and even try to tell me just to change to 240v each time I enter the Menu. (What a Joke) They say they will test this problem once they move their facility that is in process. I have videos that can replicate this.

Recap:

My setup:
Inverter Felicity IVPA-7548 Firmware v111
Battery Felicity LPBA48200 (Don't know Firmware or how to read it)
Solar Panels 9 x 410w/10A (Setup is 3S/3P) Normal stable PV voltage 115v.

I have all the tools like Cables, Laptop, I can make DIY cables like RJ45, RS232, RS485, CAN, TTL, USB FTDI and many more in case anyone from forum or felicity support wants to test, bug hunting or fix it for the community.

Thanks,
Keep the good work
nibopr
Hello, I contacted someone from support, I told him about the problem with the WiFi module and I sent him screenshots that the inverter communicates from the terminal, in the end they only told me that it was a product in development and it did not work well in the IVPA,

it works perfectly in the IVEM models that are 110v, but these devices internally have a log independent of the datalooger, something that the IVPA does not have.

The voltage in the model without MPPT is not configurable, it may be a software issue, from what you mention, in the IVEM models I have not had this problem, it can be configured at 110V/115V/120V

My configuration
IPVA 10048 without MPPT
8x 540w monocrystalline
LPBF48300
MPPT SCCM12048

Back