diy solar

diy solar

Finally posting Pics of my system.. 17500 total panels,12kw inv 1200ah batts(60+kwh)

So Ive finally got around to posting some of my pics....
2 arrays.... 17500 watts total panels....
4 midnite solar classic 150 chargers.
all midnite solar breakers-panels/breakers (for solar).
12 eg4 48v batts.../racks.
aims 12kw inverter.
custom software written for me to 'poll' each midnite solar classic 150 charger once a second. (screens included).

on a summer day running two BIG window AC units i bring in appx 60-70kwh (useage plus charging up batts to full).
Nicely done. Was this permitted in CA? If so, i'd love to have any plans for your ground mount setup. I currently have an 8k system and want to upgrade to about 23k. Yes, I will de-rate the main breaker on a 225a panel to 175a to accomplish this. The way I figure it we are going to see rates skyrocket over the next 3 years with the push to Ev's and so now the home solar system is also a gas station which further maximizes ROI. I'm starting with 31kw of SOK's and a pair of sunny islands for backup.

Unfortunately NOPE not permitted (lol)....all DIY
for the ground mount I put 4x4's every 8' on center and then a 2x4 across the top(attached to the FACE of the 4x4... and then just below the 2x4's I put another small 1' piece of 2x4. And used all STRUTS at the angle (I think my angle was 29 degrees) for my angle/tilt. It was prolly the cheapest Although next time ill use tube steal :). Ya live n learn ahah.

And your right ELEC rates are getting outrageous ;(

Back