diy solar

diy solar

Found! 60 cell LG 335w panels near Philly

AFC_Darla

Hello,
Looking for help finding PV panels near me. 60 cell less than 68" long. I've been planning a trailer conversion to a fully outfitted camper. Victron ecosystem (after reading Explorist). Battery Bank is (2) Li Time 230ah (thanks to Will) in parallel. Solar, alternator, shore and generator charging.

My roof space allows for (4) 60-Cell panels only.
I've been planning for a while and my solar choice LG is no longer manufacturing PV. Maybe stock still out there?
I'm open for advice on alternative manufacturers to LG if of similar specs and quantity. I would like high efficiency, high power, impervious to hail, all the good stuff in a 60-cell panel.
I was hoping to install (4) 2S2P LG NeON R 400W (+-400W)
I assume large installers who purchase pallets or even containers full of pallets would likely have left over panels collecting dust in their warehouse. Maybe LG Neon's?
Can anyone proved contact info for companies that have highest quality panels (60-cell) within 1-2 hours of Philadelphia?
Thanks much,
Breck

Last edited:
Locally, Craigslist can get a small number of panels at a good price if you can pick them up.

IMO , for a vehicle mounted build smaller panels are better fto fit the jigsaw puzzle, look at the roof, and then see the best combo of series parallel to avoid shadows and not get voltage loss.

Locally, Craigslist can get a small number of panels at a good price if you can pick them up.

IMO , for a vehicle mounted build smaller panels are better fto fit the jigsaw puzzle, look at the roof, and then see the best combo of series parallel to avoid shadows and not get voltage loss.
Doesn't really answer my question right?Plus I've already figured out the best use of roof space.
Thanks anyway

Did you check Renvu/CED/other supplier stocks? Or Craigslist used/loose panel hustlers. There are dudes posting new singles stock from their “shady” warehouse all the time here.

If you were where I am I would tell you to go check if Renvu still has those 60s gathering dust that I picked one from last year.

Did you check Renvu/CED/other supplier stocks? Or Craigslist used/loose panel hustlers. There are dudes posting new singles stock from their “shady” warehouse all the time here.

If you were where I am I would tell you to go check if Renvu still has those 60s gathering dust that I picked one from last year.
OK, I'll look into Renuv. I don't know who's who yet so asking here for names n contact info.
I did find 395w LG panels an Amish installer near Lancaster had handy but they ended up being 72 cell😒

Hello,
Looking for help finding PV panels near me. 60 cell less than 68" long. I've been planning a trailer conversion to a fully outfitted camper. Victron ecosystem (after reading Explorist). Battery Bank is (2) Li Time 230ah (thanks to Will) in parallel. Solar, alternator, shore and generator charging.

My roof space allows for (4) 60-Cell panels only.
I've been planning for a while and my solar choice LG is no longer manufacturing PV. Maybe stock still out there?
I'm open for advice on alternative manufacturers to LG if of similar specs and quantity. I would like high efficiency, high power, impervious to hail, all the good stuff in a 60-cell panel.
I was hoping to install (4) 2S2P LG NeON R 400W (+-400W)
I assume large installers who purchase pallets or even containers full of pallets would likely have left over panels collecting dust in their warehouse. Maybe LG Neon's?
Can anyone proved contact info for companies that have highest quality panels (60-cell) within 1-2 hours of Philadelphia?
Thanks much,
Breck
Maybe these. 67.7" long, not sure on cell count.

I suspect text about compatibility is just for noobs. They usually paste in the electrical specs, that is the main thing to look at

Are 54s workable? They are slightly wider and shorter for the same power

I suspect text about compatibility is just for noobs. They usually paste in the electrical specs, that is the main thing to look at

Are 54s workable? They are slightly wider and shorter for the same power
(4) panel in 54 cell format won't fit. The 1134w exceeds my max of 1040w
I rechecked my roof and I can fit panels (4) panels 66 x 39.4 (1675 x 1001) and still fit other stuff. MaxFan, Starlink antenna etc...
Max size I could fit if I can't find 66 x 40 would be 68.5 x 40 (1740 x 1040)

What is the basis for concluding that the 1134W won’t work? I disagree with that conclusion. The typical never exceed spec is Voc. Isc can be exceeded for a lot of equipment (though potentially with warranty issues) if you don’t connect in reverse. 10% over on wattage with strict adherence to Voc is generally fine.

Being a worse physical fit is the hardest constraint to overcome

Now the most likely electrical issue I can think of is the 10% lower voltage being too close to the minimum voltage of your MPPT. Can be overcome with different equipment choice

54 cell is 10% less voltage than 60.

If can be made to fit physically, 54s (and their half cut 108 variant, same voltage typically with greater shade robustness, half cuts are effectively two half size panels in parallel) will greatly expand the the new stock you can use. Since it is current generation. 54 400W is a very common size for residential rooftop right now.

I'm only talking PV Panels physical dimensions. W x L
54 cell is out as they exceed width

I managed to find an Amish PV installer in Narvon PA. Powerstream Solar. They had a stack of high quality 60 cell LG Neon 2 335 watt panels sitting in their yard. LG335N1C-A5. I got 5 of 'em for $300 ea. Probably more than a dozen left if that helps anyone. They also had stacks and stacks of other panels mainly some brand mfg in Mexico

I managed to find an Amish PV installer in Narvon PA. Powerstream Solar. They had a stack of high quality 60 cell LG Neon 2 335 watt panels sitting in their yard. LG335N1C-A5. I got 5 of 'em for $300 ea. Probably more than a dozen left if that helps anyone. They also had stacks and stacks of other panels mainly some brand mfg in Mexico
Ouch. I sold a dozen 305W Neons a few months ago for ~$900.

Well, I had certain dimension requirements plus wanted best quality, high power and high efficiency so I had no problem paying $.90/W when I finally found them.

diy solar

diy solar
Back