diy solar

diy solar

Free APC 3000XL UPSverter. Pick-up or prepay freight.

Delmar

Solar Addict
If anyone is interested for experiments I will donate my badboy APC 3000XL rated for continuous operation. I tested the UPSverter while using the solar panels and whenever the battery climbed above 53V the UPS started blinking indicating higher than expected battery voltage. Later it would rarely pass the self-test and boot.

It will occasionally boot which suggests nothing is permanently damaged. If you have both the intelligence and patience (I possess neither) you could bypass the nanny startup routine, or use the parts to create a hacked low-frequency inverter. eBay link to where I purchased it https://ebay.us/Xbggg4.

I removed the wiring from the internal batteries to the UPS and transferred to my new inverter. However the rear external Anderson-ish connector is included and prewired. You will have to source the other half.

Free to pickup or prepay freight. I am an hour north of Houston. It’s a beast, I would guess 90-100 lbs when boxed (even without batteries). I will deliver unboxed to USPS-UPS-FedEx store in 77301 and you handle the rest.

rear.jpg side.jpg

Last edited:
Back