diy solar

diy solar

Furrion RV inverter deal at Camping World

outsider

Camping World is having a sale on Furrion 1 kW 12 V inverters. The MSRP is $528 https://furrion.com/collections/inverters/products/1000w-deck-mount-inverter although CW was listing them for $199, before the markdown, but now are $40 https://www.campingworld.com/furrio...000w-12v-dc-to-110v-ac-#fivbdp10a-145133.html .

These are deck-mounted, and are to be hard-wired into the RV system - using wire nuts, ugh. They also have a built-in transfer switch of stated < 20 ms switchover time, which makes me think of using them in a DIY UPS, in addition to using them as fully off-grid (low-power) inverters.

Stated battery input is 10.5 - 15 V, so they would also work the Li batteries as well as lead acid, although they do advise 500 CCA capacity from the battery to support the surge power level of 2500 W, which is rather sporty for small Li batteries.

I have no relationship with either Camping World or Furrion, other than as a sporadic customer of the former.

I have searched threads here and haven't found either conspicuous love nor hate for Furrion. Any thoughts? I'm thinking of picking up a small number "just in case" - $40 seems like a good price for a brand new 1 kW 12 V inverter.

Camping World is having a sale on Furrion 1 kW 12 V inverters. The MSRP is $528 https://furrion.com/collections/inverters/products/1000w-deck-mount-inverter although CW was listing them for $199, before the markdown, but now are $40 https://www.campingworld.com/furrion-pure-sine-wave-rv-power-inverter---1000w-12v-dc-to-110v-ac-#fivbdp10a-145133.html .

These are deck-mounted, and are to be hard-wired into the RV system - using wire nuts, ugh. They also have a built-in transfer switch of stated < 20 ms switchover time, which makes me think of using them in a DIY UPS, in addition to using them as fully off-grid (low-power) inverters.

Stated battery input is 10.5 - 15 V, so they would also work the Li batteries as well as lead acid, although they do advise 500 CCA capacity from the battery to support the surge power level of 2500 W, which is rather sporty for small Li batteries.

I have no relationship with either Camping World or Furrion, other than as a sporadic customer of the former.

I have searched threads here and haven't found either conspicuous love nor hate for Furrion. Any thoughts? I'm thinking of picking up a small number "just in case" - $40 seems like a good price for a brand new 1 kW 12 V inverter.
Anything that sells for $40.00 and claiming 2.5kW... I would keep a fire extinguisher nearby as a precaution. even the well known "lower cost" alternative like samlex would run you 7 or 8 hundred i would bet for a 2.5 kw unit. if not more. anything below samlex does not go into anything that I sleep in.
so as a backup quick wire in and use while awake OK but if I had to sleep in the same space it would be a no go simply as I find it hard to trust something that costs 199 in that range, let alone 40.00. just me. flip side buy one and play with it in the garage to test it. you never know.

Anything that sells for $40.00 and claiming 2.5kW... I would keep a fire extinguisher nearby as a precaution. even the well known "lower cost" alternative like samlex would run you 7 or 8 hundred i would bet for a 2.5 kw unit. if not more. anything below samlex does not go into anything that I sleep in.
so as a backup quick wire in and use while awake OK but if I had to sleep in the same space it would be a no go simply as I find it hard to trust something that costs 199 in that range, let alone 40.00. just me. flip side buy one and play with it in the garage to test it. you never know.
Well, if you think about it, the 1800 watt inverter in a Anker solar generator can't be much more than $150 or so, considering the whole thing sells for $500 and includes a solar charger and 1000 watt-hr of LiFePO4 as well. This particular inverter for $40 though, it is sold on Amazon right now for $99 and has mediocre reviews of about 3 stars.

Well, if you think about it, the 1800 watt inverter in a Anker solar generator can't be much more than $150 or so, considering the whole thing sells for $500 and includes a solar charger and 1000 watt-hr of LiFePO4 as well. This particular inverter for $40 though, it is sold on Amazon right now for $99 and has mediocre reviews of about 3 stars.
I hadn't thought of looking at Amazon reviews. Thanks! Seems like the unit is quite hit-or-miss.

diy solar

diy solar
Back