diy solar

diy solar

Grounding EG4 6000xp Offgrid

BronteJane

I know this topic has been discussed on other threads but I am still struggling to find specifics. I am setting up an entirely off-grid system with the exact same architecture as the system map below. My question is where do I create the Neutral - Ground bond in the system? Based on my research, it seems like it should be located at the load center (breaker box). If yes, do I simply run a grounding rod from that ground point? Also what grounding setting should I set the EG4 to once that is established (ie setting option, #26)? Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 1.36.33 PM.png

The best place is in the main breaker box.
Everything will ground to this.
Drive appropriate ground rod(s) as close as practical to the breaker panel.
Run appropriate ground wire UNBROKEN from breaker panel to ground rod(s).
Someone familiar with the 6000XP will have to tell you how to ensure no N/G bond in the unit.

I know this topic has been discussed on other threads but I am still struggling to find specifics. I am setting up an entirely off-grid system with the exact same architecture as the system map below. My question is where do I create the Neutral - Ground bond in the system? Based on my research, it seems like it should be located at the load center (breaker box). If yes, do I simply run a grounding rod from that ground point? Also what grounding setting should I set the EG4 to once that is established (ie setting option, #26)? Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

View attachment 228660

The EG4 6000XP documentation recommends that the wires to the e-panel should be #8AWG.

The e-panel's protective Earth Ground should be attached to a ground rod driven in the ground as close as possible to the panel, via #6AWG. (The assumption being that this is never going to be a 200A panel.)

Earth Ground and Neutral should be bonded in the e-panel.

The N-G bond in the 6000XP should be disabled.

The e-panel's protective Earth Ground should be attached to a ground rod driven in the ground as close as possible to the panel, via #6AWG. (The assumption being that this is never going to be a 200A panel.)

Earth Ground and Neutral should be bonded in the e-panel.
Doesn't having 2 ground rods (one connected to the panel, and one connected to the Inverter) have the potential to create a ground loop?

diy solar

diy solar
Back