diy solar

diy solar

Growatt not accepting power from "grid" unless inverter is off.

Kyle_E

Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM hooked up to a EG4 battery 24v system.

System works fine, on PV. Charges/discharges the battery, and runs the loads as it should.

When I plug it into an outlet, it doesn't accept? the incoming power from the grid, unless I turn the inverter switch off. Then it will charge from grid and PV at the same time. If I turn the inverter back on, it stops the grid input, and will continue to work fine on the PV. I've ran through the settings and just can't find something that jumps out at me I need to change.

1 is SBU
14 is SNU

Is this normal behavior? Or do I have a setting wrong?

This unit does not charge like a charger with absorption and float. It is a simple on/off based on the settings in 12 and 13.

Utility power ON when voltage has dropped to 12.
Utility power OFF when voltage has increased to 13.

This unit does not charge like a charger with absorption and float. It is a simple on/off based on the settings in 12 and 13.

Utility power ON when voltage has dropped to 12.
Utility power OFF when voltage has increased to 13.

Geeze I'm a dope.

When I ran through the settings options I would have bet anything it said I couldn't change 12 and 13 because I am using the battery BMS connection to the growatt!

What it actually says is it changed those to percentage instead of voltage! Thank you sir!

Geeze I'm a dope.

When I ran through the settings options I would have bet anything it said I couldn't change 12 and 13 because I am using the battery BMS connection to the growatt!

What it actually says is it changed those to percentage instead of voltage! Thank you sir!
Thanks for posting dopey. ;)
Now I know what not to do when my new growatt arrives in a few days.

Way cool that your issue was resolved so quickly. Sunshine is perty smart.

Thanks for posting dopey. ;)
Now I know what not to do when my new growatt arrives in a few days.

Way cool that your issue was resolved so quickly. Sunshine is perty smart.
Yep this forum is awesome. The 2-3 little questions I've had were answered quickly and competently.

Back