diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF5000ES error 04 and 20 ?

Paulfrench35

Hello. Can you help me?
This afternoon, I was like in the photo.
I did a test, I disconnected the RJ45 cable between the SPF5000ES and the battery. Immediately, the Growatt cut off all electricity in the house and indicated an error 04 and 20 (low battery voltage and no communication with the BMS).

Why is the inverter not connected to the grid ?

bon.png

When there is an error. The default is to shut down.
Switching to grid could create more issues. Depending on the reason for the error.

When there is an error. The default is to shut down.
Switching to grid could create more issues. Depending on the reason for the error.
A fault may occur on the BMS. In this case we are in the dark???

A friend has SofarSolar inverter, when he unplugs the RJ45 cable, the inverter goes immediately to the grid !!

A fault may occur on the BMS. In this case we are in the dark???

A friend has SofarSolar inverter, when he unplugs the RJ45 cable, the inverter goes immediately to the grid !!
Different systems work Different ways.

This is an issue I encountered with my system (3x SPF5000ES, 6x Hope CL 4800W, 15kW solar).
In one case it was due to a defective communications board on the battery, which Growatt replaced without charge, and without question.
About once a month I have some kind of minor issue, but shutdown ones like yours, occurred only in the first few months.
To overcome this, I install a automatic changeover switch so that if the output of the inverters cuts off, it diverts the incoming grid power, directly to the loads. Best investment ever.
Anthony.

Back