diy solar

diy solar

Growatt support worst I've ever seen

marshall1

I've had the worst time with this 48 v 5 kw off grid Growatt inverter.The ac input regulator crapped out after 3 months, inverter saying 354 volts coming in from gen , tested gen 240 volts coming in.Took a pic sent it to growatt ,they said everything looks fine ,they r just useless ,they'll never admit they don't Know anything .I said the readings r wrong they said oh well U fix it If I could of I wouldn't need to contact them.They r just retards and crooks They shouldn't be allowed to trade in this country .They continually have mindless staff that couldn't care less

Attachments

• IMG_20230901_104758.jpg
    IMG_20230901_104758.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 13
I've had the worst time with this 48 v 5 kw off grid Growatt inverter.The ac input regulator crapped out after 3 months, inverter saying 354 volts coming in from gen , tested gen 240 volts coming in.Took a pic sent it to growatt ,they said everything looks fine ,they r just useless ,they'll never admit they don't Know anything .I said the readings r wrong they said oh well U fix it If I could of I wouldn't need to contact them.They r just retards and crooks They shouldn't be allowed to trade in this country .They continually have mindless staff that couldn't care less
Has any body else had this sort of problem,nobody seems to care or really know what to do,most techs r saying throw the growatt inverter out ,I've since had to buy a victron Multi plus 2 which runs great once I bought the mk3 interface to reprogram it

Your problems aren't unique. Many issues were addressed in firmware updates, but it is a brand I will stay away from. Just third-hand observations though.

Which model?
Which generator?
System configuration? (Single phase, split-phase, 3-phase)
How is your system wired?
Do you have grid available, or connected in any way?

Back