diy solar

diy solar

Interfacing EG4-LifePower4 Batteries to MultiSIBControl via EG4 LifePower4 Communications Hub

mlhagema

Thanks to this Forum and @SenileOldGit, I have discovered the joy of using MultiSIBControl on a laptop. It only supports Pylontech batteries, so when the EG4 LifePower4 Communications Hub came out, I was hoping that would allow MultiSIBControl to talk to the EG4 batteries. The EG4 communications hub talks to the two LifePower4 batteries perfectly, but I am not able to get MultiSIBControl running on my PC to talk to the EG4 communications hub.

I do have the communications hub set to PYLON

1682653645027.png

My PC, using the supplied EG4 USB-RS485 cable, can talk to the batteries and I'm using that same USB-RS485 cable in my attempt to communicate with the EG4 Hub. Has anyone else tried this setup? Maybe I should try the cable that @SenileOldGit used in his original post?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

EDIT: I can also communicate between the PC and the EG4 Communications Hub to download the battery data using the supplied EG4 USB-RS485 cable and the BMS_Test software, when the hub is in EG3 Protocol mode.

Last edited:
Sorry for my late reply - I have tried a ServTec RS485 to USB cable from Ebay (about £50) but I still get errors on my Pylontech data in MultiSIBControl. I don't know what to do next - I've emailed the developer of MultiSibControl but got no reply. The ServTec seller says the errors must be caused by MultiSibControl. All I know is that when I used a cheapy £5 Cisco RS485 to USB cable with my Windows 7 laptop, I got no errors at all, but I ideally want to use my mini HP PC (Windows 10) for MultiSibControl. (The laptop is noisier, and I would have to have it in my study, next to my main PC, so I prefer the silent HP PC.)

Back