diy solar

diy solar

Looking for community advice or recommendations in an advanced application.

northjerseymike

Hey All,

I'm trying to put together components for a specific use case, and was hoping that some of you might have come across devices that might fit the bill for me.

To begin, I am replacing a Sigineer 24v AIO (Growatt clone/similar) that had some issues with. On the Sigineer, I used the USB RS485 interface to collect data with it's self-branded version of PVKeeper. I then used the data collected by 'PVKeeper' to chart and plot my energy production/consumption along with some other environmental data. Below is a screenshot of an interface I was working on.

1722104330389.png

I'd like to replace the Sigineer, and rebuild to continue working on this project. These are the existing components I have to work with:

4 12v 300Ah LifePo4 Batteries that can be wired up in parallel or series.
A solar array that typically delivers 2Kw of PV, and does so beetween 70-100v at 20-40 Amps.

Here is what I need:

An all in one unit, or a charge controller + inverter combo that:
* can function with the given input voltage. (A lot of 48v charge controllers, and some 24v seem to requre a minimum pv input of 100v).
* has the ability to output data in a way that can be obtained from a PC (USB / RS232 / LAN )
* Can output at least 3kw 120v

Additionally, I've been looking for a shunt that can export data via usb, RS232, or LAN. If I can use shunts to monitor the Pv/Bat/Inverter data, I wont need the functionality built into the actual components.

Also,

I would prefer to keep my battery bank at 24v.
I would prefer to access data locally, and not from cloud connected devices.

If anybody has any suggestions or recommendations regarding any of this, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey All,

I'm trying to put together components for a specific use case, and was hoping that some of you might have come across devices that might fit the bill for me.

To begin, I am replacing a Sigineer 24v AIO (Growatt clone/similar) that had some issues with. On the Sigineer, I used the USB RS485 interface to collect data with it's self-branded version of PVKeeper. I then used the data collected by 'PVKeeper' to chart and plot my energy production/consumption along with some other environmental data. Below is a screenshot of an interface I was working on.

View attachment 231743

I'd like to replace the Sigineer, and rebuild to continue working on this project. These are the existing components I have to work with:

4 12v 300Ah LifePo4 Batteries that can be wired up in parallel or series.
A solar array that typically delivers 2Kw of PV, and does so beetween 70-100v at 20-40 Amps.

Here is what I need:

An all in one unit, or a charge controller + inverter combo that:
* can function with the given input voltage. (A lot of 48v charge controllers, and some 24v seem to requre a minimum pv input of 100v).
* has the ability to output data in a way that can be obtained from a PC (USB / RS232 / LAN )
* Can output at least 3kw 120v

Additionally, I've been looking for a shunt that can export data via usb, RS232, or LAN. If I can use shunts to monitor the Pv/Bat/Inverter data, I wont need the functionality built into the actual components.

Also,

I would prefer to keep my battery bank at 24v.
I would prefer to access data locally, and not from cloud connected devices.

If anybody has any suggestions or recommendations regarding any of this, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Update: I had to pull the trigger on something quick, so I snagged one of the Growatt 3000TL LVM-24P refurbs for $500.

I'm still looking for a solution that will allow me to get data from a shunt into a pc without having to build a Pi/Arduino device to do it. Not sure if such a thing even exists, but if somebody has seen one, please let me know.

Thanks!

diy solar

diy solar
Back