diy solar

diy solar

Migrating Solar Edge off grid?

OldArn

Migrating my two phase Solar Edge ( two inverters) with two LG batteries off grid is causing me a brain ache. My problem is I’m on a farm and we loose grid often. With the grid down my system won’t reboot if batteries are flat - leading to a recent one month outage ( following a natural disaster)
Ive been advised I have to ditch my system ( which sounds like nonsense). My thought is I need to somehow emulate mains power and use that emulation for a new supplementary supply ( more panels, battery and small generator ????)
Have I lost the plot? Any advice appreciated.

Migrating my two phase Solar Edge ( two inverters) with two LG batteries off grid is causing me a brain ache. My problem is I’m on a farm and we loose grid often. With the grid down my system won’t reboot if batteries are flat - leading to a recent one month outage ( following a natural disaster)
Ive been advised I have to ditch my system ( which sounds like nonsense). My thought is I need to somehow emulate mains power and use that emulation for a new supplementary supply ( more panels, battery and small generator ????)
I have Solaredge. My ultimate plan is to connect existing system to Solark 15k hybrid which can accept both ac and DC pv input

SolarEdge HD Wave inverters support AC coupling with generators in no-grid situations via the Alternative Power Source feature. I suggest you contact SolarEdge to see what's needed to adapt your system.

With the grid down my system won’t reboot if batteries are flat - leading to a recent one month outage ( following a natural disaster)

Any battery supported inverter will do this, your description may indicate you need more storage ( batteries ) or other ways to support your loads with the grid down such as generator?

Back