diy solar

diy solar

Monitoring a Sol-Ark-12K-P off-internet?

divad27182

I have a (fairly) new Sol-Ark-12K-P, with WiFi connectivity through a "Chengdu E-Linter Information Technology Co., Ltd" device (possibly https://www.e-linter.com/smart-energy/magpie or something similar).

I would like to know how to monitor this off-grid device without using the internet.

It tries to connect to port 51100 on some machine, which I have intercepted. The only thing I've gotten from it so far is an 11 byte header, followed by the "Serial Number" and "Register Key". Does anybody have any suggestions where I go from here?

--David

I have a (fairly) new Sol-Ark-12K-P, with WiFi connectivity through a "Chengdu E-Linter Information Technology Co., Ltd" device (possibly https://www.e-linter.com/smart-energy/magpie or something similar).

I would like to know how to monitor this off-grid device without using the internet.

It tries to connect to port 51100 on some machine, which I have intercepted. The only thing I've gotten from it so far is an 11 byte header, followed by the "Serial Number" and "Register Key". Does anybody have any suggestions where I go from here?

--David
You can use solar assistant and just monitor locally.

You can just use the PI locally ( No internet ) via Bluetooth or connect the PI to your local house network and use it locally that way.

If you have a firewall just disable any WAN out or in communications from the PI.

I'm actually interested in open source, if possible. I've got a PI-zero-W V1.1 setup and talking to it, but what am I receiving? (I am a programmer, and hope for a programming answer.)

(I've never understood companies that sell you a many thousand dollar item, and then expect you to pay more to use it!)

I'm actually interested in open source, if possible. I've got a PI-zero-W V1.1 setup and talking to it, but what am I receiving? (I am a programmer, and hope for a programming answer.)

(I've never understood companies that sell you a many thousand dollar item, and then expect you to pay more to use it!)
MySOLARK app and usage is free?

Either Magpie or Goldfinch.

The Solar assistant just reads the registers on the inverter and displays them graphically.

There is some 2 way communication with the inverter to change settings also.

There are threads on here how to decipher the registers.

Not sure of an open source option.

Giving monitoring and control of your system and thus your house to an unknown company on the internet is not free, only no charge. Additionally you don't really get a guarantee that their cloud service is going to continue.

It appears the Solar Assistant wants me to wire in to the RS485 port, not use the WiFi. As the unit is outside, this introduces more issues.

Giving monitoring and control of your system and thus your house to an unknown company on the internet is not free, only no charge.
It’s owned by Sol-ark but ok.
No guarantees in anything.

You can set the rule to outgoing only for that MAC.
They can’t control anything only poll unless you give them access for a firmware upgrade or look see.

It appears the Solar Assistant wants me to wire in to the RS485 port, not use the WiFi. As the unit is outside, this introduces more issues.
Yes they use a direct connection not Wi-Fi.

Last edited:
open source, doesnt require internet... all though ha is a bit iffy without internet
( can also use alt mqtt/dashboards like grafana, but i dont have a setup to test it yet )

+ homeassistant

at a glance the manual recommends using canbus, but can do modbus for monitoring.
canbus support is general currently on the todo list.

found this modbus protocol doc for solark

added it to the project:
untested, under branch v1.1.3 until the next release.

in config, set the protocol to "solark_v1.1" to use it. if you wanna try it.
---

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back