diy solar

diy solar

My first real system.

LVLAaron

I've always fiddled with 12v panels and small systems. I've been wanting to get a 48v/EG4 system, but don't have the space for it right now. But the new Ecoflow Pro 3, offering 240v split phase, was right up my alley. (I lose power several times a year, each time lasting for many days)

I found a solar guy on Marketplace who was super helpful and gave me some great deals. Shout out to Mann Solar if you're in the Lexington Kentucky area. Super friendly and gave lots of options ideas for panels and was happy to sell small quantities.

Ecoflow specs:
HPV:30-150V/15A, 1600W Max.
LPV:11-60V/20A, 1000W Max.

So here's what I got:
3x Axitec AC400MBT (400W Bifacial) - Will be series, for HV port.
2x Jinko Solar JKM380M-6RL3-B (380W) - Will be parallel for LV Port.

I'm still debating where to put the panels. The SE side of my property has a lot of huge trees, so no matter what, I'm not going to get good light until late morning.

Option 1: I have a metal roof on my shop that faces 300" NW which would be the easy button for me. It gets full light from about 11am to an hour before sunset. Having the panels up there would also get some heat off the building.

Option 2: Ground mount. Not sure I want to do this... it would be a little awkward in the yard.

I'll have to watch the light carefully the next few days.

I say all that to ask:

What other tools/accessories do I need to order? I have wire, MC4 tools/crimps/connectors. I ordered 2 solar disconnects. Anything obvious I should grab from amazon while I decide on a mount system/location?

BTW: I get the Bifacial hype now... I plugged one in just to play with it and got 85 watts out of it with heavy cloud cover.

diy solar

diy solar
Back