diy solar

diy solar

Need advice on GTIL2 in Canada

sthomas

I need help sourcing a GTIL2. I am looking for economical recommendations.

I've sourced my solar panels (used 250w, 30.1 Vmp) and I want to install a GTIL to offset my day-time usage. Must have limiter. I'm not planning to add batteries. I'm planning on 2 units (one for each leg) - each 1kw or 2kw.

The only thing I can find, are the Y&H 2000W on Amazon.ca (but sent from the US) at $645 CDN each. https://www.amazon.ca/Inverter-Limiter-DC50-90V-AC185-265V-SUN-2000GTIL2-H/dp/B08YN84YQK

I'm close to the US border, so I can have something shipped their and pick-up if it makes sense.

Buy one 2000W GTIL and modify the supplied limiter cable to use two clamps in series (you can buy them on Amazon for under $20 CDN). If you don't feel comfortable doing that there's a dude that sells them on eBay but they're more expensive obviously for his effort. I guarantee it works.

How many panels do you plan on buying? The 2k needs 45-90v and you really don't want to go over 90v, so putting two panels in series for 60v will be fine. You can then parallel those up to but not over 30A e.g. 2S4P. You can over-panel, but must use the amp limit feature in the GTIL to cap at 25-27A.

Back