diy solar

diy solar

Neophyte setting up MPP 2724 System

PanhandleRunner

I layed out my 2724 system components on the hardie board backing I’m using, and following the manual, it appears that the breakers/fuses I need are:
-120A DC breaker between Battery and Inverter Battery-Input
-40A AC breaker between AC source and Inverter AC-In terminals
-25A DC breaker between PV modules and Inverter PV connectors
-20A in-line fuses on each of my 3 230W panels.

I’ll be charging 2 - 24V 100A LiFePo batteries connected in parallel

Anything I’m missing or suggestions?

Thanks in advance. I’m making this project intentionally as safe as possible, at 69yo, this is all new and a lot to absorb, but I’m getting there!

Lou

Hi Lou, I just joined the forum and noticed no one has replied to your post. I (76 yo) am not new to solar or low voltage, but new to the all-in-one units. I just bought a 2724 LV MR for my truck camper build and a 24v 100AH LFP... also with a single 395w panel. I also have a 40A 24v to 12v converter and a Blue Sea cut off switch. What I used for over-current protection: 30A fuse for the input of the converter, 40A mini AC breaker in a 2 slot DIN rail housing between 30A RV male inlet and AC input to the unit - a 175A MRBF at the battery (+) that feeds the cut off switch - I didn't add the normal 2P breaker / disconnect for the panel. Although, if I did it would be a 2P 16A mini breaker in a 2 slot DIN housing. As to your set up, I would go to Explorist website or YouTube and look for the segment he did showing when and where to fuse individual panels. On to my head scratching: when or why to select "solar, utility or SDU first" as to charging priority and what to set "return to charge or return to discharge". I sort of get it but will keep digging. Earl

Back