diy solar

diy solar

New QCELLS BAT 63 6.3KwH Lithium Ion Battery Pack Hanwha, in CA delivery

Vizionmax

Hi, we have 25 new in box units of the QCELLS BAT 63 Lithium Battery.

Have catered to people who own the QHOME HYB inverters, but as they can only add upto 2 additional batteries, we are looking for alternative buyers and uses for these units, we are sure this is the right place for this.

Heavily discounted to $1.250 per unit, payment only after delivery

Delivery to all 48 contiguous States, we are located in CA. prices vary by state and units according to following schedule. $ 150 first $ 25 each extra, $ 250 first $ 35 each extra, $ 350 first $ 40 each extra.
IMG_20230315_103324.jpg

IMG20230307173245~2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20230307173230.jpg
    IMG20230307173230.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
For others that maybe interested attached is the installer manual I found online.

This is a series , high voltage battery ( ~100V module ) that requires the Q Cell master BMS ( BAT BMS-G1 ) and appears to likely be a proprietary CAN protocol to operate, up to three can be put in series.

If one could find the BMS and the necessary protocol to operate the battery it would be worthy of the price, otherwise this would be as the OP states for QHOME HYB inverter owners.

Attachments

• Q_CELLS_Installation_Manual_Q.HOME+_ESS_HYB-G1_Battery_2020-11_Rev1_NA.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 13
I enjoy seeing all these new battery offerings. My hope is they become commodities like solar panels have become. In the meantime manufacturers are hedging that by using unique interfaces and proprietary protocols.

I don't see the HV market doing much, the batteries in this post are for a product released in 2020 and these look to be old new stock for a product that you can't get the inverter / BMS they go with?

While HV is technically more efficient and lower BOS costs than 48V based systems, there is no standards for the battery / BMS and until that happens, it will never be a sustainable market volume wise for the various manufactures. There is also the UL9540A issues demanding matched pairing, that are pushing for manufactures to sell batteries as part of the inverters, which is opposite what most want is to pick your own.

To many manufactures all chasing a very very small market with regulations from the Fireman writing codes (NFPA) that hinder growth. They hope things like NEM3 will be the break through, I just see Enphase and Tesla getting that market as the have the installer training, support and US based.

You have 3 posts on the forum, can you please elaborate on the history for these items, did they "fall off a truck" or did you buy them for your system, are you a company (which it sounds like) or a private party sale? @Will Prowse added for visibility to ensure your ad is appropriate based on above questions.

Hi @Jennifer

Items did not fall off a truck.

We did acquire a warehousing property (brick and mortar) as part of the deal we had to pay a Warehouse Lien that was established on goods stored inside.

Among these items are the Battery Packs and auto transformers that I published in this forum.

I could be considered a private seller as it is me who was put in charge of repurposing these goods and of course try to offset the cost of the Warehouse Lien payout even more when considered it has nothing to do with the company's line of business.

Among the items there were a number of ESS HYB-G1 inverters, that I was able to offload along with 3 battery packs per inverter (as this is the Max each system takes), they also purchased some extra batteries as spare units.

Being that I have no knowledge or background in solar, the buyer of these items mentioned to me this forum as a resource where we could probably reach people who could know what to do with the balance of lithium ion batteries packs left.

With the intent of reaching people who own a QCELLS system and wish to expand (max 3) or replace their battery set up or even better take advantage of the collective knowledge of this specialized forum to find out if they csn be used in other environments or for other uses, I placed these 2 posts.

In this train of thought we do have a couple of open box (for the photos) units that I can offer at extremely discounted price for any who would like to tinker with one as this would surely help in the endeavor of repurposing these. Please DM me if interested.

Thanks @Jennifer hope this addresses your concerns

Last edited:
Hi @Jennifer

Items did not fall off a truck.

We did acquire a warehousing property (brick and mortar) as part of the deal we had to pay a Warehouse Lien that was established on goods stored inside.

Among these items are the Battery Packs and auto transformers that I published in this forum.

I could be considered a private seller as it is me who was put in charge of repurposing these goods and of course try to offset the cost of the Warehouse Lien payout, and it has nothing to do with the company's line of business.

Among the items there were a number of ESS HYB-G1 inverters, that I was able to offload along with 3 battery packs per inverter (as this is the Max each system takes), they also purchased some extra batteries as spare units.

Being that I have no knowledge or background in solar, the buyer of these items mentioned to me this forum as a resource where we could probably reach people who could know what to do with the balance of lithium ion batteries packs left.

With the intent of reaching people who own a QCELLS system and wish to expand (max 3) or replace their battery set up or even better take advantage of the collective knowledge of this specialized forum to find out if they csn be used in other environments or for other uses, I placed these 2 posts.

In this train of thought we do have a couple of open box (for the photos) units that I can offer at extremely discounted price for any who would like to tinker with one as this would surely help in the endeavor of repurposing these. Please DM me if interested.

Thanks @Jennifer hope this addresses your concerns
Auto transformers? Now you're talking my language. LOL I didn't see those mentioned, all I see are batteries, will go look again.

For the OP , do you have BMS masters? or just the batteries?

I see on eBay there are now the inverters / auto transformers for sale ( low cost but these are @ 2020 products the Q-Cell no longer sells ) but unless someone has the BMS masters that go on top one of the batteries these systems won't work.

Also Watts247 is selling full systems with all the parts ~10K for a Inverter, xformer, 3 batteries with master BMS it seems.

The inverter and batteries looks like a re-badged Solax products, but support for these is an unknown and until this thread I didn't even know Q-Cells had an ESS product and I'm industry connected :oops: .

Hopefully they find a home!

Last edited:
Thanks for your input

We only have the battery packs. No BMS

At this point looks like reaching people who have this setup and didn't go all the way with 3 batteries are the ones who can take advantage and expand to the max with these.

For the OP , do you have BMS masters? or just the batteries?

I see on eBay there are now the inverters / auto transformers for sale ( low cost but these are @ 2020 products the Q-Cell no longer sells ) but unless someone has the BMS masters that go on top one of the batteries these systems won't work.

Also Watts247 is selling full systems with all the parts ~10K for a Inverter, xformer, 3 batteries with master BMS it seems.

The inverter and batteries looks like a re-badged Solax products, but support for these is an unknown and until this thread I didn't even know Q-Cells had an ESS product and I'm industry connected :oops: .

Hopefully they find a home!
Will definitely reach out to watts247

Thanks for that lead

Hello, we have full Q Cells QHome ESS G1 7.6KW hybrid inverter systems for sale.

Brand new still unopened in manufacturers packaging.

Inlcudes;

7.6KW inverter

3 batteries - 6.3kWh each - total battery storage of 18.9kWh per system.

Autotransformer and BMS included.

All for $5000. Full system.

Attachments

• qcells1.png
    qcells1.png
    143 KB · Views: 6
  • qcells2.png
    qcells2.png
    649.1 KB · Views: 6
  • qcells3.png
    qcells3.png
    648.4 KB · Views: 6