diy solar

diy solar

No self use at night

MD3010

Complete newbie to solar pv system and inverters. We have a Solax X1 Hybrid inverter, with battery storage. The system is in Self Use mode, therefore should I expect the SOC on the battery to reduce over night (whilst the house is using power stored in the battery?). It's not been dropping below 97% - see photo. I'm waiting for a smart meter to be installed but presumably this shouldn't be the reason the SOC isn't going down at night?
The other thing I noticed was the appearance of another inverter in the app screen - see photo below. When the system was initially installed this "Other Inverter" wasn't there. I think it appeared when we switched energy provider to Octopus but maybe just a coincidence. As I said, we don't have a smart meter installed yet. Any ideas what this other inverter is or does? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1410.jpg
    IMG_1410.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1411.jpg
    IMG_1411.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 8
Welcome!

Your choice of energy provider and whether or not you have a smart meter won't make any different to whether your inverter is drawing from the battery or not.

Is this a DIY install? If so, IMHO the most likely cause of the failure to draw from battery is the CT clamp has been installed the wrong way round.

If not and a new installation, then get the installers back in promptly.

It's a new installation (not DIY). I'll get onto the company that installed the system but always good to get advice/halp from those in the know. Thanks

Great & fingers crossed. Do keep us updated - it's always good to put solutions in the memory bank for when it happens to someone else.

Back