diy solar

diy solar

Paralleling 48v packs beyond 2?

Use.Bigger.Hammer

I’m want to scale up BESS 48v packs beyond the BMS limit of 2P and need suggestion on any commercial-grade Smart controller-gateway automatic system to integrate between the PCS(inverter/charger has 1comms port) and each 16S2P pack+BMS. Residential small scale arrays + PCS have a limiting factor of volts and amps, which was fine in the old days because I really did not want to invest in extra batteries for emergency backup due to the poor lifecycle or fire hazard. Now that Lithium iron phosphate are available at low cost and great quality, but also require sophisticated electronics, I want to have more emergency power but time shift my grid dependence to lower my bill, too I could manually direct with the old-style battery switches but it won’t take advantage of new monitoring tools.

You can just communicate to one battery and let the others follow. As long as the communication battery has a good grip on itself and what it needs then the other batteries should be happy with the main battery's leadership.

You can just communicate to one battery and let the others follow. As long as the communication battery has a good grip on itself and what it needs then the other batteries should be happy with the main battery's leadership.
I have to isolate each battery pack to maintain the voltage range of inverter/charger and BMS control on each 48v pack can sync with one other, not more.

No….1 BMS per 48v pack.
It’s fine guys, I found the device to safely parallel multiple packs, made by the BMS supplier.

Daly BMS unit for 16S1P cell arrangement + parallel protector for each 51v pack of Hithium CAM type 314Ah. Any one use this brand? Anyway, I will connect each paralleled group to a +/- bus to the inv-chrg and have just one comms cable to plug into the charger. Should work.

diy solar

diy solar
Back