diy solar

diy solar

PV panel DC disconnect switch

JLMAC

Hi all. I’m very new to solar systems.

I purchased a 24v Growatt (3k) hybrid inverter and a 24v LifePo4 2.5kwh battery. I am purchasing three (3) 400w each solar panels that I will connect in series (OCV 36.8v/panel). I want to put a DC disconnect switch between the inverter and the panels. Can one of you help me with the specs for the disconnect switch? Thanks.

Hi all. I’m very new to solar systems.

I purchased a 24v Growatt (3k) hybrid inverter and a 24v LifePo4 2.5kwh battery. I am purchasing three (3) 400w each solar panels that I will connect in series (OCV 36.8v/panel). I want to put a DC disconnect switch between the inverter and the panels. Can one of you help me with the specs for the disconnect switch? Thanks.

Purchased 2 of these DC Isolator Switches for a disconnect between the solar panels and the MPPT Solar Charge Controller. The switches have worked flawlessly for over 4 years. Many times switched off the solar panels under full sun running over 20 amps from the panels. For indoor use only.

Attachments

• ZJBeny DC-Switch-BYSS-Series-TUV-Solar Switch Specs.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
Purchased 2 of these DC Isolator Switches for a disconnect between the solar panels and the MPPT Solar Charge Controller. The switches have worked flawlessly for over 4 years. Many times switched off the solar panels under full sun running over 20 amps from the panels. For indoor use only.

Getting a UL approved DC disconnect such as the IMO switch mentioned would be a much safer option.

diy solar

diy solar
Back