diy solar

diy solar

question about 6000xp wiring with existing transfer switch

mrgraphix

I am new to this forum so please forgive me if this has been discussed I searched but did not find anything that helped. I am adding solar to my current home i have 200amp grid tie and 7500watt generator with auto transfer switch running critical loads {freezer, lights, well pump} SEE ATACHED IMAGE 1 So i guess the question is is it better to put the inverter between the main panel and the transfer switch SEE IMAGE 2 or between the transfer switch and the critical load panel SEE IMAGE 3,

If between transfer switch and critical load should I feed the transfer switch to the generator input to allow AC coupling? I know the total load is restricted to the 6000 watts from the inverter.

thanks
Steve

Attachments

• IMAGE 1.png
    IMAGE 1.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAGE 3.png
    IMAGE 3.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 4
  • INAGE 2.png
    INAGE 2.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 4
If between transfer switch and critical load should I feed the transfer switch to the generator input to allow AC coupling? I know the total load is restricted to the 6000 watts from the inverter.
This is an off grid AIO, so not capable of AC coupling.
I would place it between the transfer switch and critical loads panel. (Simplest option)
Input from transfer switch to grid port. You won't use the generator port.

Another option is to put it in place of the transfer switch, and connect the generator to the generator port. (This is what it's designed for)

diy solar

diy solar
Back