diy solar

Question about solar setup

Nick.

Hi,

My current setup is the following
EcoFlow delta 2kw system battery
1 power stream inverter
2x 400w EcoFlow solar panels.

What I’m looking to do is add another solar panel into the system but have the 2 solar panels run what they need to run, and forget about the battery. At the moment it’s constantly charging the battery and not pushing what I want to charge first (which is fine)

Although I want to use the port on the back of the EcoFlow delta so it can independently charge without cutting my generation of my other panel.

The power stream can use 800w which would be fine but the battery can hold an additional 110v (up to) so my solution to charging the battery independently would be to add the additional panel to the port that’s free.

I see no issues with this, but I want to make sure before I spend a bit more money to get another panel, and some mc4 connectors to power the thing independently.

TLDR: Just to add, the sun isn’t strong enough to power everything I need to and still have power at the nighttime. So I think this is the way to do it. 3 panels. 2 running what I need, 1 running the battery, currently only getting from 20% daily to 50% with this current setup.

Thanks!

If your Ecoflow can handle more panels than your present amount it will be no problem. However your theory of how it would work is incorrect. Panels to SCC (in the Ecoflow) to the common DC bus that the batteries and inverter are powered from. You can not separate out any panels production.

Your mention of various ports on your Ecoflow does concern me that you might attempt to improperly connect panels to it. Follow your operators manual!

If your Ecoflow can handle more panels than your present amount it will be no problem. However your theory of how it would work is incorrect. Panels to SCC (in the Ecoflow) to the common DC bus that the batteries and inverter are powered from. You can not separate out any panels production.

Your mention of various ports on your Ecoflow does concern me that you might attempt to improperly connect panels to it. Follow your operators manual!

Edit: I’ve re-read your reply but I am still failing to understand.

Would it be possible to do it? I’m unsure. I am sorry.

Thanks! Incredibly i am a noob with EcoFlow.

There is an solar input on the battery, it can access up to 110v of solar input, my idea would be that the additional panel would go into that so it can feed directly to the delta.

If it backfeeds this is no problem as well..

This would mean all panels would work together? So it would go through the power stream, where the power stream can only handle 800w?

If I add an additional 400w panel to charge the battery it would disconnect once the battery is full?

As Matt mentioned, read the owner's manual to understand your Ecoflow and how it works as not to damage the unit. Determine the max amount of Watts and Voltage of solar that your unit can handle and take it from there.

As Matt mentioned, read the owner's manual to understand your Ecoflow and how it works as not to damage the unit. Determine the max amount of Watts and Voltage of solar that your unit can handle and take it from there.

As much as I understand this; it’s fine.

I have the power stream getting up to 800w solar from 2 panels, I believe I can run an additional panel to just get the battery charged up fully, but I just want reassurance before I go in and do it.. I’ve done everything else and this is the only way I can think about it

As much as I understand this; it’s fine.

I have the power stream getting up to 800w solar from 2 panels, I believe I can run an additional panel to just get the battery charged up fully, but I just want reassurance before I go in and do it.. I’ve done everything else and this is the only way I can think about it
You can add an additional panel if your Ecoflow supports the added voltage or current depending if you series or parallel wire the panels. Charging the battery will depend on your loads since loads have precedence before you get any charging to happen. You can not charge the battery separate from loads. So if you have 1200w incoming from solar, and your loads are 1000w, 200w will go to battery. If loads are 1500w, 300w will be taken from battery.

You can add an additional panel if your Ecoflow supports the added voltage or current depending if you series or parallel wire the panels. Charging the battery will depend on your loads since loads have precedence before you get any charging to happen. You can not charge the battery separate from loads. So if you have 1200w incoming from solar, and your loads are 1000w, 200w will go to battery. If loads are 1500w, 300w will be taken from battery.

Thank you, english not my first language so it might have been hard for me to explain but I’ve got my answer that I required! :)

diy solar

diy solar
Back