diy solar

diy solar

Schematic for new system

rickv3

I bought a new fifth wheel, this trailer is 50amps, 50 amps is a different animal to me my other system was 30 amps. I would like to install a 50 amp transfer switch,3000 watt inverter, and 3 -100 a/h li batteries to power off grid, can anyone show me a schematic that i can follow. Can I run shore power or generator to 50amp switch out of switch to trailer panel and inverter to switch. I have all the fuses and wires that i will require. The batteries will also be charged by solar array on the roof 6-100 amp panels and 50 amp solar controlar and 1-100 amp panel on the ground with it's own 40 amp controller. The only diagram I required is the transfer switch,inverter,shore power, main trailer panel. Thanks

Rick

For 50a RV’s I believe the easiest choice is a Victron Multiplus II 2x120v. The Victron inverter will invert on both L1 & L2 and will automatically work correctly when you stay at a 50a RV park or a 30a RV park. Victron has basic schematics.

There may be other inverters that can do that - but I don’t know which ones work that way.

A inverter that only has a single output will work - but you will only have half your circuits on inverter. (Which you probably don’t want to do). Depends on how YOUR rig was wired.

Good Luck

I thought i would have to go to a Victron multiplus, trying to keep cost down, you're right i want all circuits to function. Thanks

Rick

Back