diy solar

diy solar

Schneider XW Pro Troubleshooting, new features & set up video on YT

BentleyJ

Solar Wizard
Schneider posted a video on YT earlier today with some good information regarding general troubleshooting tips and more importantly discussion of new features and firmware updates to fix some bugs and issues users have posted about. Its long overdue. Good to see Schneider starting to wake up and make moves to correct the fact they are behind with regard to innovation and features.

They finally fixed the AC coupling/Recharge issue (well at least partially) so users that are AC coupled only can now discharge the battery down to the recharge setting which will trigger a bulk charge cycle. Previously this was not the case. The example used was with SoC settings based on having a closed loop BMS compatible battery. It wasn't clear if an AC coupled recharge cycle could be triggered by voltage control rather than SoC for generic batteries without closed loop.

Thank you for your post. I have been trying to diagnose why my system would start a charge cycle at random SOC values. I am using EG4-LL batteries and I see in the release notes for Insight 1.18 that the batteries are supported directly. I installed the latest firmware in my EG4-LL V2 batteries and I hope they will work. Hopefully, Schneider did not write software to support last year's firmware! I also see in the release notes for 1.18 that it supports XWPro firmware 2.10BN19. I do not see this firmware on Schneider's site yet, so it must be coming soon. Hopefully more fixes!

Thank you for your post. I have been trying to diagnose why my system would start a charge cycle at random SOC values. I am using EG4-LL batteries and I see in the release notes for Insight 1.18 that the batteries are supported directly. I installed the latest firmware in my EG4-LL V2 batteries and I hope they will work. Hopefully, Schneider did not write software to support last year's firmware! I also see in the release notes for 1.18 that it supports XWPro firmware 2.10BN19. I do not see this firmware on Schneider's site yet, so it must be coming soon. Hopefully more fixes!
Ac coupled with enphase panels and eagerly awaiting.

Back