diy solar

diy solar

Seeking four bifacial panels for pergola in NC, don't need a whole pallet of 12.

GraysonNC

Looking for the best way to economically buy and ship only 4 solar panels to my house in NC for an off-grid pergola-mounted backup system. For reasons of structure size, I'm looking for specific brands like Aptos or Canadian Solar that offer panels on the smaller side.
Two options occur to me: 1) Take whatever I can get and pay the freight; or 2) share purchase and delivery of a whole pallet of preferred brand panels with folks in my area and divvy them up between us. Is there a good message board for this sort of thing? Any advice? Thanks.

You can look here :

We used to have a group buy sub forum but it went away after a major SNAFU on a large purchase of cells from china.

Also look at your local Craigslist etc.

I did buy 4 panels from santansolar.com a few years ago and paid up for shipping fro AZ to OH.

They now have a store in Savannah GA.

counter sales dept at CED Greentech in Raleigh. Call and ask for Seth. If that won't work, Renogy's 320watt solar panels can be purchased from Lowes or Home Depot directly in small quantities.

You can look here :

We used to have a group buy sub forum but it went away after a major SNAFU on a large purchase of cells from china.

Also look at your local Craigslist etc.

I did buy 4 panels from santansolar.com a few years ago and paid up for shipping fro AZ to OH.

They now have a store in Savannah GA.
SanTan now has a new policy that they will only ship 10 or more panels at a time. But you can pick up, in person, as few as you want. They have one of their stores in Savannah Georgia. They are running a special right now. Some (not all) of their panels have free shipping. If you find a really good deal through them, maybe just go ahead and order 10 with free shipping. Maybe sell the rest on craigslist.

I'm not sure if you are still looking for tips on that as it has been a month, but https://kinectsolar.com/ does sells weird quantities, specially if you pick panels that they only have a few. I did order several parts and panels from them and their prices are very good, as they deal with project leftovers.
I'm also very curious on your progress, as a solar Pergola is on my to do list. I'm a few miles from you in South Durham and would love to see your completed project when you are done. I have installed my DIY solar system and I can share what I learned in the process.

Back