diy solar

diy solar

So is 93.7 my max capacity now?

Ennis437

So today my pack #3 showed 100 percent charge but only able to take in 93.7AH I brought it up on PBMS and this is what it showed. Is there anything that can be done to combat this? Or has the battery already lost 6 percent capacity after only 160 charge cycles?

Attachments

• IMG_9102.jpeg
    IMG_9102.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 9
Do a full cycle from HVD to LVD and I bet it will update with the true value.

I also would take these capacity with a grain of salt because the shunts built into the BMS's are not always the most accurate thing.

So today my pack #3 showed 100 percent charge but only able to take in 93.7AH I brought it up on PBMS and this is what it showed. Is there anything that can be done to combat this? Or has the battery already lost 6 percent capacity after only 160 charge cycles?
There's a problem with at least one of the cells being high, the BMS probably stopped taking charge earlier than ideal. But as mentioned soc may be a way out guess especially with very low loads.

Screenshot_20240524_150828_Chrome.jpg

There's a problem with at least one of the cells being high, the BMS probably stopped taking charge earlier than ideal. But as mentioned soc may be a way out guess especially with very low loads.

View attachment 217384
True, but based on the other cells being really closed to 3.5v, I would bet they are just a few mA behind cell 5. Nothing to be concerned of. They are all still at 100%

I would consider that a well balanced pack.

Do a full cycle from HVD to LVD and I bet it will update with the true value.

I also would take these capacity with a grain of salt because the shunts built into the BMS's are not always the most accurate thing.
Well, I did that last night. The BMs actually cut it off reported 0 Ah and it fully charged only to 937. Also, it says the state of health is only 93.7. I’ll isolate the pack and try again and see..

diy solar

diy solar
Back