diy solar

diy solar

SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER

Alfred

I don't understand why this charge controller displays fully charged battery on sunny days but the battery drains so quickly upon loading with 4 dc lamps 3watts each. The battery capacity is N70. Solar capacity is 40 watts. Let me also know if my charge controller is connected properly.

Attachments

• MY BATTERY.PNG
    MY BATTERY.PNG
    220.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG20200521074801.jpg
    IMG20200521074801.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 5
N70. Type of rechargeable battery that supplies electric energy to an automobile. An automotive SLI battery(starting, lighting, and ignition) powers the starter motor, lights, and ignition system of a vehicle's engine.

It looks like you have a starting battery, not a deep cycle, or use battery...

Those batteries are EASILY damaged by solar charging and use. They are designed to rapidly discharge for a starting load, then immediately recharged by the alternator of a running engine...

N70. Type of rechargeable battery that supplies electric energy to an automobile. An automotive SLI battery(starting, lighting, and ignition) powers the starter motor, lights, and ignition system of a vehicle's engine.

It looks like you have a starting battery, not a deep cycle, or use battery...

Those batteries are EASILY damaged by solar charging and use. They are designed to rapidly discharge for a starting load, then immediately recharged by the alternator of a running engine...
Most likely, this is where I went wrong.

diy solar

diy solar
Back