diy solar

diy solar

SolarEdge app question

rob300099

I have had my solar system for a month now. It consists of 23 x panels, 2 x SolarEdge inverters and a SolarEdge battery.
I was looking at the generation and revenue figures for the month to justify buying the system.
I thought that the generation figure was a bit high, I then noticed that when the panels stop generating at night and the battery is powering the house, the generation figure for the day continues to increase. I am assuming that during the day when the battery is being charged the generation figure goes up but surely it shouldn't then increase again when it is discharging to the house.
I have entered my electricity unit price in the app so it shows me a revenue figure which is based on the Kwh generated. This is therefore not going to be accurate.
Am I missing something?

Sounds like the classic configuration issue. I only have the SolarEdge GT inverter so I am not familiar with that reporting. Does your system also report consumption? If so, does that number look correct?

Sounds like the classic configuration issue. I only have the SolarEdge GT inverter so I am not familiar with that reporting. Does your system also report consumption? If so, does that number look correct?
Yes it does report consumption, this looks to be ok

I have had my solar system for a month now. It consists of 23 x panels, 2 x SolarEdge inverters and a SolarEdge battery.
I was looking at the generation and revenue figures for the month to justify buying the system.
I thought that the generation figure was a bit high, I then noticed that when the panels stop generating at night and the battery is powering the house, the generation figure for the day continues to increase. I am assuming that during the day when the battery is being charged the generation figure goes up but surely it shouldn't then increase again when it is discharging to the house.
I have entered my electricity unit price in the app so it shows me a revenue figure which is based on the Kwh generated. This is therefore not going to be accurate.
Am I missing something?
That doesn't sound correct. I have Solaredge, but I don't have the CTs from Solaredge. I am using the Iotawatt CTs. I also don't have batteries, but I would imagine you just need to somehow configure the CTs on the battery wires such that the Solaredge monitor knows that the amperage is coming from the batteries and not from PV

Back