diy solar

diy solar

Solax G4 and Triplex system importing when batteries have charge

leogarcia

Hi all,

I noticed a few weeks ago from my Octopus smart data that I was importing energy even when I had charge in my batteries. For context I have:

- Solax X1 G4 7.5kW inverter
- 3x Solax Triplex 5.8kWh batteries
- 14x Trina 400W PV panels
- Marlec Solar iBoost
- Myenergi harvi and zappi

This is what my Octopus import smart data looks like now (the high import in the night is from force charging my batteries/charging my EV):

1693319333866.png

However my typical usage pattern used to look like:

1693319379717.png

I first thought this had something to do with the install of the iBoost, which had misbehaved on installation and was taking power from the batteries/grid when it wasn't supposed to. This issue was resolved, and even on completely turning off the iBoost we found that the imports continued.

Then I thought it might have coincided with an inverter firmware update (from 3.001.02 to 3.009.03) applied remotely by Solax on Monday 19th June:

1693319674069.png

Which seemed to correspond to when my smart import data started showing consistent imports. I contacted Solax support and they saw my Hot Standby setting was enabled, and I switched it to disabled. However this had no impact on my import pattern, which was very frustrating because it really seemed to be the most logical explanation as to what was going on. Just for a bit more info, the imports happen even when the car isn't plugged in, and even when apparently there is very little load in the house (e.g. no ovens/washing machines are on).
Solax have now rolled back my firmware, but unfortunately the imports remain. I'm also no longer able to see the Hot Standby setting in the Advanced menu to check if it is still disabled though I'm not entirely sure why!

My installer is also not certain as to what is happening but is keen to help investigate. I am currently completely at a loss as to what to try next and would appreciate any advice you could give on what might be going on, or what I could try to diagnose the issue. Thank you!

Attachments

• 1693319605144.png
    1693319605144.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 0
Hi not very clear what extra import daily is viewable.

My Solax X1 Boost and X1 AC with solax LFP master and slave 11.6kW shows import approx 220 w daily, plus Hypervolt 2.0 and iBoost + and iBoost Buddy showing all import/ export live data.

I also use Octo-Aid along with Octopus Home Mini showing live data, you will draw from Grid using high loads on/off during day but not much to counter act the Grid voltage supply with the solar and battery taking milliseconds. Attached pictures showing live import and Todays Usage with TOU Oct Go tariff charging batteries IMG_7888.pngIMG_7887.png

Try reading the last post in this thread and seeing if the same setting fixes your issue.

What has changed from April - May installed any new connection since as it’s showing low import. Is it the Hot water applying power to rid legonella temperature related maybe.

Installer changed CT afterwards?

I have the same issue but with an X1-AC 3.6kw. I am consistently importing around 0.3kw/hour. Any update on your issue above?IMG_0637.jpeg

Back