diy solar

diy solar

Solax, Solis and Pytes

hsaldanha

Good evening, this is my first post.
I started in 2021 with a small installation, a 3000W Solax inverter and 3600W solar panels.
As I had a huge amount of surplus, I always had the idea of adding batteries, especially because they are paying less and less for the surplus.
I had the opportunity to buy the Solis RHI-3K-48ES-5G hybrid inverter at a good price a few years ago, and decided to install it with 3 Pytes 4850 batteries making a total of 7.2KW.
In this situation I am using the Solis inverter as a retrofit, I use my Solax inverter for the solar panels and I use Solis to charge and discharge the batteries when necessary.
During the day, if the weather is great, I can use high loads, almost 6000W (3000W for Solax and 3000W for Solis) with the 2 inverters in parallel. Of course, both inverters have their own independent protections, and I ran a stronger cable to the general board.
During the night I only have the Solis running, outputting the maximum 3000W if necessary.
I opted for the retrofit system because I didn't want to touch the Solax Inverter and so in certain peak situations I have access to greater power than the inverters.IMG_20240718_201035.jpg

Welcome and great to hear about your installation. The Solis makes a great AC-coupled add-on for existing systems (y).

diy solar

diy solar
Back