diy solar

diy solar

SRNE Fault 15 - ACOVERCURRHW

Localfolkie

Hi I'm new here.

I am having trouble with my SRNEHF2430U60-100 all in one solar charger inverter. It keeps tripping fault 15 ACOVERCURRHW when I try to use my generator.

My system is off grid with 24 volt (4, 6-volt - 400 amp hour batteries wired in series) the above mentioned SRNE and 4-255 watt Canadian Solar panels wired in
series/parallel.
I had been successfully using a Champion 3300 modified sign generator (on the 20 amp plug) to supplement charging and run the cabin electrical when there was not enough sun, however now the SRNE keeps throwing the fault code 15 and shutting down the inverter everytime I try to use the generator. I have tried varying the parameter for max ac charger current from 15 amps through to 30 amps with no success.

This is the first system I have built, and it had been working great since I installed it in April.
I am thinking of trying a FIRMAN 3300 puresign inverter generator to see if that makes any difference. I truly am puzzled. Any helpful suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

I hope I have supplied enough info - if you need more please let me know.

I look forward to replies from the knowledge base :)
Thanks very much!

Cheers, Rick

I would try turning off everything in your load panel, and then see if the generator will power the SRNE without throwing the fault code. If it does, turn on the breakers on at a time to see if a particular load is what it doesn't like. If it doesn't fault that way, it may be the initial surge with all the loads connected. You could try switching to generator a few times, with increasing amounts of loads connected, until you find the combination that throws it over the edge.

Thanks for the reply.
That is how we will restart it when I try out the inverter generator. One load at a time.
Incidentally the loads are Starlink, on one breaker, Cabin lights (all led) on another breaker, and a smallish (about 750 watts per day) AC fridge om another breaker. It is never all running at the same time.

It's interesting/confusing that this runs fine on the batteries and Solar but trips the fault code when attempting to run the generator.
thanks again for the reply!

Back