diy solar

diy solar

Trace SW 5548 fan issue

Aloysius

I have a pair of 5548's with 70kwhr of lfp that I recently put together mostly to fire an moderately sized electric kiln.
Its working great. I start it out about 5 am on the grid then as the sun comes up my grid tied panels kick in . If the sun is working they contribute about 6 of the 11 kw that is required. at 3pm when rates double I switch to my off grid batteries and finish the firing . The SW's don't blink running at max rated load (resistive load power factor is one helps) but they do roar with the fans blasting at max. anyway last night after i shut the kiln down i was inspecting temperatures i noticed one inverters seemed warmer than the other then i realized its fan wasn't running and the other which was cooler was still blasting.
I've never taken the covers off these thing wondering if there's any old timers out that know this system. I imagine it could be a failed fan motor or a thermal switch.it seems like it has 2 or three levels of fan power. you can see some of my pottery here riverpottery.com

Attachments

• 20240710_091702.jpg
    20240710_091702.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240709_203105.jpg
    20240709_203105.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
There's another hidden menu after 18 (or 19??). Do the vulcan button push just like you do get the 2nd set of menus. Somewhere in there is a mention of fan speeds. EG: if it says it's telling the fan to run the it's likely that you have a bad fan.

The SW cover can be removed without having to pull the unit off the wall.

There's just a few screws on the top and bottom. If memory serves me you also have to remove the small allens (?) holding the display to the skin. The display will remain in place when you remove the skin.

Of course disconnect the battery cables and turn off any incoming AC power. Once you're in there take a can a compressed air and start cleaning blowing it out. It's likely full of dust. Look for any mouse droppings etc and get them out of there as well, they can cause a short.

diy solar

diy solar
Back