diy solar

diy solar

Treeline inverters

wklopf

I am looking at hybrid inverters. I came across the website for Treeline Power systems. Their prices on their inverters are the cheapest that I have found. However, from reading the limited descriptions, I have come to the conclusion that they do not work with PV panels. I have sent an email and also called and left a message, but I have not gotten any reply. Has anyone purchased one of these inverters, and, if so, do they work with solar panels> Thanks.

I know the website you're talking about. Those look like the re-branded Sigineer inverters. Sigineer is a Chinese inverter company. I've never tried those before, I bought some batteries from Treeline before, they seemed like a decent vendor, but I don't know if I would want a Sigineer inverter.

They do have a few models there which have MPPT if you go to the Charge Controllers page there on Treeline, but they still look like Sigineer style... I've heard they can have high idle draw. I don't think they are bad inverters or anything, but I think HighTechLab guy here in the forum got a Sigineer style at first and didn't like the high idle draw (they are low-frequency inverters)...

Treeline inverters and charge controllers:

Example 12k from Treeline:

Example 12k from Sigineer:

I'm more into MPP Solar (Taiwanese company), as I bought a pair of LV6548s, they had all the specs I was after and at a good price (and low idle draw). They are parallel stackable too (as far as I know, none of the Sigineer inverters are parallel stackable).

The LVX6048 are supposed to be alright too, although they are low-frequency inverter (better for heavy inductive loads) so they have a bit higher idle draw too (than the high-frequency LV6548), and they are parallel stackable as well.

I might study more about inverters though before you get to set on a specific one for sure. You don't want buyer's remorse later...

Last edited:
I know the website you're talking about. Those look like the re-branded Sigineer inverters. Sigineer is a Chinese inverter company. I've never tried those before, I bought some batteries from Treeline before, they seemed like a decent vendor, but I don't know if I would want a Sigineer inverter.

They do have a few models there which have MPPT if you go to the Charge Controllers page there on Treeline, but they still look like Sigineer style... I've heard they can have high idle draw. I don't think they are bad inverters or anything, but I think HighTechLab guy here in the forum got a Sigineer style at first and didn't like the high idle draw (they are low-frequency inverters)...

Treeline inverters and charge controllers:

Example 12k from Treeline:

Example 12k from Sigineer:

I'm more into MPP Solar (Taiwanese company), as I bought a pair of LV6548s, they had all the specs I was after and at a good price (and low idle draw). They are parallel stackable too (as far as I know, none of the Sigineer inverters are parallel stackable).

The LVX6048 are supposed to be alright too, although they are low-frequency inverter (better for heavy inductive loads) so they have a bit higher idle draw too (than the high-frequency LV6548), and they are parallel stackable as well.

I might study more about inverters though before you get to set on a specific one for sure. You don't want buyer's remorse later...
Thanks for your informative reply. I had also concluded that the Treeline units were produced by Sigineer. Fortunately Sigineer has much more detailed descriptions of their products on their website than does Treeline. This morning I went back to the Sigineer website and found the description of the Treeline unit which I was looking at. There I found a short paragraph which stated that the MPPT controller was optional in that line. My question was answered. I have come to believe that the products sold under the Sungold and Aims names are probably also produced by Sigineer. I was not familiar with MPP Solar products, but I see that they have an Ebay store. I will check them out. Thnaks again for your help.

Back